DVD Bargains Page 35

You got one with new packaging? I've the massive box with the 21 standard cases inside it.

Quote: Aaron @ December 13 2009, 12:48 AM GMT

You got one with new packaging? I've the massive box with the 21 standard cases inside it.

Ah, but your hats are on the outside whereas mine are on the the inside ! What's the point of that?

The box just has

Laurel and Hardy
The Collection

on the outside on the shelf . . no hats ! :(

Still, I suppose it's what's inside that matters . .

If I can find what's on the inside !

But even so . .

:(

I'd be rather peeved if I'd received this new smaller one. Particularly as I found a massive pile of the (full size) things in HMV this week for about 2p less than I paid online!

I don't know if mine's the big one or small one as I'm not allowed to open it yet. Large oblong box, white top, silver bottom. No hats. Definitely big enough for 21 standard cases, so I assume that's what I've got in there. But even if they are slimlime cases (personally I prefer them), surely there is the episode/disc no. printed on each one?

Sounds like you have the same set as me. And it sounds like the slimline ones don't have any of that printed sensibly, no.

There's just a number on the spine and, having just looked at the single sets, they're the same !

So I've lost nothing really but there was the opportunity with the box to put a leaflet or something inside.

And to add insult to injury !

In Asda tonight they had a box set of four of the DVDs in slimline format with the title printed on each spine !

Why couldn't they do that for the complete box set?

Angry

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 13 2009, 12:24 AM GMT

So far, bargain price, crap presentation.

;)

I was a bit disappointed with the presentation, I'd have been really hacked off at spending the orginal £200, but for £35 it's ok.

The Smell Of Reeves & Mortimer: The Complete Collection (2 Discs) for £3.99

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/870260/-/Product.html]

Ooh that's good value.
I remember thinking that it was quite a funny series at the time.

Bought! Thanks! :D

Quote: Jack Massey @ December 10 2009, 11:24 PM GMT

Do you know that the complete Only Fools and Horse boxset is also in ASDA for £39.71.
You never struck me as the kind of person who likes Friends Aaron. I hate it myself, but for me the worst sitcom ever has to be Will and Grace.

Will & Grace seems to get very bad press on here. When I first stumbled upon it on TV 5 or 6 yr ago I reared back as well at what I thought was a camp US sitcom in the ultra modern tradition, bigging up being bent. It wasn't Will who put me off as much as his very camp friend, mincing about. But, being at home a few weeks recently changed my mind completely about it. Will & Grace is slick, well written, well acted, has neat little storylines, it is very modern but it's more about the love Grace has for Will than anything else, and it isn't a gayfest in any way. Best reason by far for watching it tho is her squeaky voiced, lazy PA, the conduit for much of the comedy. I like it much more than most US sitcoms and glad I eventually got round to watching it. It's definitely worth a second look for those unsure about its premise.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 17 2009, 6:34 PM GMT

Will & Grace seems to get very bad press on here.

Not from I. I likes it. It is well written and acted. And, if nothing else, it probably paved the way for Alec Baldwin appearing in 30 Rock.

Dad's Army - The Movie

£2 in Asda tonight !

:)

Loads of bargains on Play.com at the moment. In the 3 for £12 section, they have both series of The Smoking Room and all of Coupling for either £4.99 or 3 for £12. Also Early Doors, Catherine Tate Show, Best of Not The Nine O'clock News, Little Britain, Best of Steptoe and Son...

Not bad.

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/3-/465571/2-/Promo.html]