DVD Bargains Page 34

Quote: zooo @ December 10 2009, 11:39 PM GMT

I like Will and Grace, although I wouldn't buy it on DVD.

Oh dear Aaron !

Rolling eyes

Quote: zooo @ December 10 2009, 11:39 PM GMT

10 years ago when Friends was actually on it probably wasn't cliched!
The amount of blatantly copied lines and phrases you see in shows since is amazing.

I was thinking more of some of the almost sickeningly touchy-feely romantic setups. And that.

Now we're getting a little more sensible ! . .

See Amazon product listing

Aaron!

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 11 2009, 12:43 AM GMT

Now we're getting a little more sensible ! . .

Aaron!

Awesome price! I wonder if that release by Fremantle has the multitude of extras that were put together for the Minder releases by Australia's Umbrella Entertainment? When I say "multitude" I mean a few commentaries, outtakes and an anti-drugs film and some other stuff.

Only Fools and Horses, complete collection (fake leopard skin cover) £60 in Tesco.

Quote: The Rook @ December 11 2009, 10:23 AM GMT

Only Fools and Horses, complete collection (fake leopard skin cover) £60 in Tesco.

Same one is just under £40 in Asda

The Buster Keaton Chronicles
6 DVD box set

Just £10 (with free P&P) from Network in their Christmas sale. Hurry whilst stocks last!

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info.php?cPath=88&products_id=196

Quote: Kenneth @ December 11 2009, 4:28 AM GMT

Awesome price! I wonder if that release by Fremantle has the multitude of extras that were put together for the Minder releases by Australia's Umbrella Entertainment? When I say "multitude" I mean a few commentaries, outtakes and an anti-drugs film and some other stuff.

It works out at a penny a minute !

Where else can you get such fun at that price?

Apart that is from Horseley Fields, Wolverhampton (ask for Monica)!

Quote: David Carmon @ December 11 2009, 1:19 PM GMT

Same one is just under £40 in Asda

Get me one as well !

It's £73+ on their website !

£73? Really? that's terrible! I was looking at it in the local Asda, was loads of them for around £39.(some daft pence)97 maybe. Would have got one but I'm skint :(

Quote: David Carmon @ December 12 2009, 12:57 AM GMT

£73? Really? that's terrible! I was looking at it in the local Asda, was loads of them for around £39.(some daft pence)97 maybe. Would have got one but I'm skint :(

They were the leopard skin ones and not the series 1-7 ones?

I suspect the latter . .

Like this

Still can't do little URLs . .tute anyone?

Quote: Oldrocker @ December 12 2009, 1:21 AM GMT

They were the leopard skin ones and not the series 1-7 ones?

I suspect the latter . .

Like this

Still can't do little URLs . .tute anyone?

It was a huge box with a brown pattern on deffo the complete collection as it stated on the box. Ive seen the yellow box with series 1-7 in hmv and it was a different one in asda

It was the one in this link

http://images.pricerunner.com/product/image/50275312/2-Entertain-Video-Only-Fools-and-Horses-The-Complete-Collection-%5BDVD%5D.jpg

Hmm, if that's the case then I need to check out the other two Asda in our area. Two visited so far don't have it.

At that price David take out a Provi loan !

If I weren't saving to go to London in Jan I would have snapped it up. Suppose I could ask my mum for a loan til Jan, haha.

It's really good.

Edited by Aaron.

Re the Laurel and Hardy box set which arrived today . .

It only takes up 8" of shelf space which should please SWMBO but, and it's a big but, unless I'm missing something, if you want to watch a particular film you have to get every disk out and read the back until you find the one you want !

The disks are in slimline cases with all the sleeve notes that the originals had. On the back of the main box is a list of the films (white text on silver background at what must be 0.5pt font) in alphabetical order but no indication as to which disk they are on !

It seems at a quick look that the disks may be in alphabetical order as well but in 20 odd disks where does h end and I start for example?

So far, bargain price, crap presentation.

I'll check again tomorrow when Stella isn't with me !

;)