DVD Bargains Page 41

Sounds riveti...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't understand !

On Bid TV tonight they were selling boxed sets.

George and Mildred went for £18.99 (and here's the catch) plus £7.99 p&p.

On Amazon it's £22.28 tonight.

But, if one clicks '23 new' link from there, I can get it new for £16.07 + £1.24 p&p from someone called Findprice.

Why would Amazon advertise that?

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 2 2010, 11:43 PM GMT

I don't understand !

But, if one clicks '23 new' link from there, I can get it new for £16.07 + £1.24 p&p from someone called Findprice.

Theres alot of stuff like that on Amazon.

I bought the latest Alanis Morrisette album for around £3 including p+p but to buy it directly from Amazon was £5.

Some of the items are obviously used but theres alot that are brand new, I don't get it myself much.

Quote: Oldrocker @ March 2 2010, 11:43 PM GMT

I don't understand !

You're going through to Amazon Marketplace, not another shop. If you buy from Frindprice, Amazon get a nice commission.

Quote: Aaron @ March 3 2010, 12:04 AM GMT

You're going through to Amazon Marketplace, not another shop. If you buy from Frindprice, Amazon get a nice commission.

Yeah, get that. But don't Amazon make more selling direct?

Not necessarily. Depends on the product and whatever the price (and their margins) may be at the time. But it's not all monetary; a customer's personal details are worth far more than anything they'll ever buy. By bringing other retailers into the Amazon fold, not only are they ensuring that someone who can offer the product cheaper is doing so through them, and thus giving them commission, but also that any customers will have to join Amazon, not the site of another retailer.

Very simple, but perhaps a bit sneaky.

Good point, peg eight.

Lots of great deals today: http://twitter.com/UKComedyDVDs

Go and treat yourself to a chocolate éclair Aaron Ode Pal.

I just bought Nearest and Dearest !

:P

Not from a site we make money from, unfortunately. Really good price. Wish I'd been able to buy it that cheaply.

A superb bargain today: http://twitter.com/UKComedyDVDs

I assume that is your own library in the backdrop, judging by things like Bless This House, on top of the pile, and that odd curiosity Selwyn Frogitt? Then can you tell me please what the bejibbers is Tittybangbang? All I can conjur up is some weird film parody starring Frankie Howerd and Kenn Dodd, but I've never heard of it, I don't think, yet both are high on my favourites list, especially Howerd. Has to be one of the two, doesn't it?

No, it's neither. It's a recent BBC Three sketch show starring Lucy Montgomery and Debbie Chazen, co-written and created by Bob Mortimer.

And yes, that is (a tiny selection of) my own library.

Well, Bless This House will be in my own collection by the end of the year, and that is based purely on the favorable reviews read on this site, I don't think I ever saw the sitcom but the film was a belter, it's just a shame the great Terry Scott and Peter Butterworth weren't in the TV sitcom too. But I do intend to give it a whirl sometime soonish.

As much as I love Terry and Peter, the film would have been better without them, and with the TV cast. It's a wonderful series.