Black Books Page 6

I do think she should grow her hair. There was a flashback scene in Love Soup where she had long hair and she looked very nice.

I like an unusual face, more character to it.

She has a great smile as well.

She is nice. She'll look funny when she's fifty, though.

I just had to bump this thread. I really liked the first two series of this show, how many did it run? Is it still airing?

Quote: deckard @ February 20 2010, 2:43 AM GMT

I just had to bump this thread. I really liked the first two series of this show, how many did it run? Is it still airing?

Just three series, and I believe Moran is quoted as saying there shan't be any more. Shame, as I think the first two episodes of series 3 are up there as the best episodes of Black Books, particularly the second.

Quote: Mickeza @ February 20 2010, 9:26 AM GMT

Just three series, and I believe Moran is quoted as saying there shan't be any more. Shame, as I think the first two episodes of series 3 are up there as the best episodes of Black Books, particularly the second.

Well, then. I'm off to add series three to my Netflix queue.

Just unpacked after the big move of the house and things and after unpacking the DVDs this was my first choice to help me settle in. Still a damn fine series and I take back what I ever said about the second or third series being inferior. They were all genius, subtly different types of genius but genius nevertheless.

Quote: Mickeza @ February 20 2010, 10:26 AM BST

Agreed!

"Manny, I don't feel that well. Like I've been beaten up underwater. I can feel bits of my brain falling away like a wet cake."
Words to live by. :D

Just got the box set for a fiver in a charity shop. Lots of really original laugh out loud moments.

It's a great show.
I was surprisd when my brother in law hadn't seen it despite loving Father Ted & The IT Crowd.

Next time he's round I'm going to force him to watch one.

I have to say Tamsin Greig looks incredibly sexy in this.

When I saw Black Books, I have to say I liked it way beyond my low expectations - C4 trendycom with Bill Bailey, not a big fan, and Dylan Moran, didn't really know him, and an unknown actress. She was probably the thing I liked most in it, although I was pleasantly surprised by Moran's scripts and performances. In any other year it would have done much better with ratings and awards and stuff, so it was terrible timing, just bad luck.

Got my set out the other day, was only going to watch the first series but ended up getting to the end of the second. One of my favourite episodes is the one where Bernard and Manny attempt to set up a restaurant.

One of my favourite sitcoms. I was gutted when I realised there was little chance of a fourth series, but looking back I think the last episode really works as a finale.

I love Black Books, I think my favourite episode is when Fran and Bernand pretend to play the piano, when really it's just Manny hidden inside playing it using spoons. :D

Quote: pio231 @ May 13 2012, 10:00 PM BST

I love Black Books, I think my favourite episode is when Fran and Bernand pretend to play the piano, when really it's just Manny hidden inside playing it using spoons. :D

"I always wanted to play the Piano, but my parents forced me not to"

I liked Black Books (particularly the first series, interesting that I've just read here that that's because of Linehan...makes sense ;) )

However I'm not a great fan of cruelty in comedy so don't really like the character of Bernard too much.
Fine when he's spouting off surreal non-sequiters but most of the time he's just abusive to Manny and that's not really what I enjoy watching, probably just me, but there you go.

The episode with Nick Frost as a security man sticks out as a highlight though
"There was a little man!"