Ashes To Ashes Page 17

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 21 2010, 10:47 PM BST

Kind of like the whole storyline. It makes no sense to me at all. And what happened to Sam Tyler?

Tyler had already been helped to pass over by Gene. He's gone, to, well, wherever they went. Heaven, or something, if you like.

Keats was clearly meant to be a demon, tempting these broken souls to his side. I mean, the lift going down, in the red room, the cries of pain as the doors opened; seemed pretty clear!

I came home early to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed it. A good organic end to the series. That said, part of me was hoping for a big audacious jawdropping finale that would have left me gasping on the floor.

Ok spoilers ahoy.

The police station is purgatory. Gene is an angel born from a police officer who died tragically young. He helps dead cops sort through their issues before moving onto the afterlife. But he got lonely so he held back shaz, ray and thingy (running them down etc) keates is satan and was trying to persuade them to make duff choices fail to accept their deaths. Thus he could send them to hell.

In the end they choose Gene and go to heaven. Which is ymsbolised by going to the pub.

Then bolly realises she is infact dead, won't see her daughter again or stay with Gene and she too goes to the pub.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2010, 10:50 PM BST

I came home early to watch it and thoroughly enjoyed it. A good organic end to the series. That said, part of me was hoping for a big audacious jawdropping finale that would have left me gasping on the floor.

True, but then people would complain that it made no sense, probably. With this, all the clues were there over the years. Enough, if you look earlier in this very thread, for people to work it out. So it was an ending that made sense; organic, like you say.

Quote: chipolata @ May 21 2010, 10:50 PM BST

Punch yourself hard in the bollox?

Quote: sootyj @ May 21 2010, 10:42 PM BST

I think if he'd turned up as the Master it would have been ace.

Maybe Daniel Mays should actually turn up as the next Master. He'd be pretty awesome.

Quote: sootyj @ May 21 2010, 10:52 PM BST

Punch yourself hard in the bollox?

I usually pay women to do that.... It was sad to see Gene go, though. Undoubtedly one of the great TV characters.

One thing I don't get: why the f**k does he call her Bolly?

:)

Quote: zooo @ May 21 2010, 11:00 PM BST

One thing I don't get: why the f**k does he call her Bolly?

:)

Because she's posh; it's short for Champagne. Glass of bolly. Well, slang for it anyway, not short!

Hated it. I've waited for.....THAT!

Balls

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, cos she's posh. I seeee.

That's been bothering me a bit for, well, years I suppose.

And here's me thinking she liked Spaghetti Bolognese. :D

I'm finally beginning to understand it all and quite frankly it is beautiful. Nelson getting a mention last week compliments the storyline so well, he is God. Will watch it again tomorrow with a much better understanding and no doubt it will just be superb. The final piece I don't understand though is this: It's all very well the Police characters being in Purgotary, but what about the likes of Luigi? Also, did Shaz, Chris and Ray know they were from another time period, Alex did so why not them three?

They'd been there longer, and had forgotten. As Alex nearly did once or twice.

It's funny, my local is called 'The Railway'. It won't be the same having a pint in there anymore.