Ashes To Ashes Page 23

I'm not sure it is the end. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gene Hunt again, probably in a Christmas Day special. Or something.

Quote: chipolata @ May 25 2010, 7:40 PM BST

I'm not sure it is the end. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Gene Hunt again, probably in a Christmas Day special. Or something.

A show about how Sam actually left and officially "passed on" would be good and fairly sad I'd imagine.

Quote: sootyj @ May 25 2010, 7:22 PM BST

I meant which one referred to stuff and never raised it again?

Oh right: 90% of the world's sitcoms, dramas, and other narrative programmes.

Did Alex come back to life at the end of the second series? or did she inagine that.
Same with Sam at the end of Life on Mars?

I think Sam's coming back to life was actually going to hell. e.g. the completely bizarre and horrible PC police station. (assuming you retcon the daffy A2A story line to superior LOM).

Alex's we never got to see if it was real. But her daughter wasn't there, so it probably was hell as hell. And Gene some how used his magic Angel shouting powers to bring her back to purgatory.

The more I write this the more unbelievably stupid the whole story seems.

Quote: sootyj @ May 26 2010, 7:52 AM BST

Just chillax, man.

Quote: sootyj @ May 26 2010, 7:52 AM BST

Why?

Anyway, you didn't like it, we get it, move on!

I'm looking forward to going back and watching it all from the start again. Be interested to see if it does all hang together.

Quote: chipolata @ May 26 2010, 9:06 AM BST

I'm looking forward to going back and watching it all from the start again. Be interested to see if it does all hang together.

I think it does. Unlike Lost, the writers clearly new what the show was, what the place and characters were. They didn't busk, make stuff up only to toss it away and basically leave most people scratching their heads the way Lost did.

Well, there are a few question marks about Sam altering the future in LOM. But even if it's not airtight it won't spoil my enjoyment of a genuinely great British show.

It's more they took the wonderfully simple idea from LOM and A2A series1. That in order to return to life Sam or Bolly had to resolve an issue with in their own life, they faced at their point of death.

A2A when Bolly realises her father was the clown. Chilling and brilliant, it stunned me and caught me out whilst making perfect sense.

That's a good ending.

Quote: Mickeza @ May 25 2010, 7:33 PM BST

Still think John Simm should have appeared at some point though, but I do kind of understand why they didn't bring him back, just disagree with it.

I agree with their reasoning for not bringing him back - it wouldn't have made much sense in context.

OTOH, they could have had his voice coming out of the pub at the end or Ray and Chris exclaiming that Sam was in there as they entered.

I suspect the real chemistry between Glenister and Simms would have embarassed A2A.

That said when Keeley had some decent lines she was good.

Quote: Afinkawan @ May 24 2010, 10:34 PM BST

Well I thought that was an awesome ending. It certainly pissed all over the ending to Lost.

I agree I wasn't big fan of A2As but I enjoyed being reminded this is partly a supernatural series.

Also is it just me or was there a lot of scenes showing Gene Hunt with this knowing, slightly spaced and other worldly stare, particularly in the bar/restaurant scenes?

The episode doesn't stop them bringing back Hunt and they could pick another period if they wanted to.