Doctor Who... Page 1,093

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th September 2014, 10:00 AM BST

Can they just call this The Clara Show and be done with it.

Yep, it was way too much last night. They need to start concentrating on the stories again. Not sure why Moffatt seems so obsessed with the companions rather than the Doctor.

I find the Clara/Pink bits pretty boring. Also it feels like he's only been in it 5 minutes but already they're in love - think they rushed that a bit.
But I loved the caretaker and school bits this week. All very 80s Grange Hill. Especially liked Courtney, and her spillage.

It's dull to keep going on about the Doctor, Ben. He's superhuman, he can get out of any situation. Not only that we can't really identify with him unless he tries to live a normal life.

Least it did seem like a secondary school, rather than comps they seem to have everywhere else.

Quote: zooo @ 28th September 2014, 11:08 AM BST

I find the Clara/Pink bits pretty boring. Also it feels like he's only been in it 5 minutes but already they're in love - think they rushed that a bit.
But I loved the caretaker and school bits this week. All very 80s Grange Hill. Especially liked Courtney, and her spillage.

I'd agree......but I'd like to see way more about being a caretaker. I think they could have had real status fun and better Who writers would have
Dr having to set up a DVD for a chemistry class, unblocking toilets, cleaning up puke, scraping the word f**k off of desks and getting accused by the police of being a nonce.
Where as he got to be all dignified and serious, which was dull

Also the poor Brig is spinning in his grave for how he spoke about soldiers [and I kept thinking he was being a big old rascist]

Quote: zooo @ 28th September 2014, 11:08 AM BST

Rose Tyler's boyfriend was Black, Donna Noble's boyfriend was black, Martha Jones' Boyfriend was white. Any reason for this excessive use of inter-racial relationships in the show? Most people go out with people from their own ethnic group.

I can't even remember Martha's boyfriend.

Quote: sootyj @ 28th September 2014, 12:25 PM BST

Dr having to set up a DVD for a chemistry class, unblocking toilets, cleaning up puke, scraping the word f**k off of desks and getting accused by the police of being a nonce.
Where as he got to be all dignified and serious, which was dull

This would be the third episode of my first series as producer, with other episodes written by Marc Steve, Ben and Stott, Lazzard etc.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 28th September 2014, 12:53 PM BST

Rose Tyler's boyfriend was Black, Donna Noble's boyfriend was black, Martha Jones' Boyfriend was white. Any reason for this excessive use of inter-racial relationships in the show? Most people go out with people from their own ethnic group.

It's a sort of super reacitve political correctness. In the same way every episode for a while had a minor gay character [in one case a horse]. If the Dr's always going to be a white, notionally hetro bloke you've got to tick the box elsewhere.

Is that a euphemism?

is what a euphemism

Quote: zooo @ 28th September 2014, 12:54 PM BST

I can't even remember Martha's boyfriend.

I don't remember anything much about the recent episodes beyond the fact that most of them were shite but I remember that Rose had a black boyfriend (Mickey) and that Donna had a black boyfriend (Lance?) and Martha had a white one (some NHS bloke).

It just feels like some sort of social programming. I doubt you have a black boyfriend. (of course not saying you shouldn't).

He was there, he wasn't a very big role.

Your black boyfriend, Soots? Bear up.

Oh I remember him now. He was the bloke off Miranda.

What's that got to do with what me and Godot said?

Sorry, it was zooo's boyfriend.