Doctor Who... Page 1,092

The Alien was ok, but when most other shows have been doing their baddies 100 percent CGI, it seemed odd. Too have a monster who's arms couldn't move, most of it's body was covered and it could only shuffle.
I mean that's Starwars e.g. 40 years old.

It was in a sort of straight-jacket to prevent it turning on the manageress, methinks.

Well yes, but it conveniently covered up any difficult to film bits. Like the Judoons biker helmets.

Hang on Billwill you are aware it's a tele program

When the budget is big enough then CGI aliens can look great. However, on typical British TV shows the CGI is rubbish, and to me it detracts from the story. I'd much prefer prosthetics over anything less than top-notch CGI.

Quote: sootyj @ 21st September 2014, 10:16 PM BST

Well yes, but it conveniently covered up any difficult to film bits. Like the Judoons biker helmets.

Hang on Billwill you are aware it's a tele program

They looked like diving suits; were they recycled from previous costumes?

To be honest, I can't think of anything worse than 100% CGI monsters! Especially, as Jack says, with Doctor Who's budget.

Oh I agree, in this case the monsters story was central to the whole plot. So it sort of worked, where as Defiance had dozens of fully realised cyber bastards in episode 1. And it was just meh.

Just obersving.

This week's was okay. And I got round to watching the Robin Hood one, which I quite enjoyed as well. Though I don't tend to have high expectation of the period/historic ones from New Who, so I just sit back a bit on those. The Robin Hood one was on the right side of irksome for me.

After last weeks dreary toss I quite enjoyed this one, especially the black man with the squashed head. Although next week's looks a bit rubbish, and the mixed race teacher guy is starting to get on my nerves with his wetness.

The squashed head was brillopads.

I missed that, just saw it. It's a really nice horrific effect, simple, ghastly kinda thing Dr Who should be doing more of.

Enjoyable.
But please, no more dominatrices. Doctor Who is not supposed to be that sort of fantasy.

Am I the only one still watching this.
I forget what happened but liked the disabled robot

I did the robots OK and liked the Dr whistling pink floydd

I did the robots OK and liked the Dr whistling pink floydd

Can they just call this The Clara Show and be done with it.
I'm so bored with them consigning what little plot there is to a couple of sentences and a hastily flung together monster.
The writers are utterly, utterly without any vision.