Doctor Who... Page 1,090

Quote: sootyj @ 13th September 2014, 8:26 PM BST

Infact one of the final scenes where the Master makes threats against the whole universe from a microphone in a telescope on Earth.
Is according to some writers, one of the worst moments of scifi of all time for it's sure improbability.

Watching that scene as a child, no worries. It was excruciatingly painful viewing a couple of decades later. I think he was speaking into a device that resembled a dictaphone - possibly the sort of future devices that future lunatic despots will use to communicate with leaders of the universe. Perhaps the scene was just ahead of its time and in future will be praised for its prescience. Or not.

Quote: Lazzard @ 14th September 2014, 10:07 AM BST

I think we're going to have to get used to Mr. Pink, sadly.

Not really what you wanted to hear on your wedding night I am guessing.

Quote: Marc P @ 14th September 2014, 5:36 PM BST

Not really what you wanted to hear on your wedding night I am guessing.

booyah you schtick thief

Quote: Ben @ 14th September 2014, 3:53 PM BST

I thought it was a decent episode. Nicely self contained and not bogged down by an over-ambitous plot. Not sure it's worthy of the number of plaudits being thrown at it by fans though...

You've got a good director and a couple of good actors and a budget. So a couple of scenes with haunted bed spreads and airlocks was relatively easy.

And a nice little speech about fear.

But they're little bits of meat hanging in a haslett jelly of bland, dullness.

What do I know SFX gave it 4.5 stars

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2014/09/13/doctor-who-8-04-listen-review/

What next, the Doctor wetting the bed?

he'd blame it on the Sea Devils surely

The wee devils.

Quote: Badge @ 14th September 2014, 7:27 PM BST

The wee devils.

Laughing out loud

Danny Pink is Jon Richardson's double.

This been a Doctor Who thread on a comedy site I'm hoping there'll be a space for a little plug for my made up facts video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuAkBSGZ28w

I've seen your stuff before it's very good.

I'd suggest posting it in it's own showcase thread if you want to get it seen more widely.

But yeh that's a slick bit of comedy, have you thought of sending a link to SFX or Starburst.

I got the Terror of the Zygons DVD the other day. Not watched it yet, but hoping that the extras are decent. Always been one of my favourite Who stories.

They don't seem to repeat that one much

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 16th September 2014, 9:11 PM BST

They don't seem to repeat that one much

And it took forever to release on DVD.

I sent one to the BBC where the Zygons nick all the pastries from Greggs, thus bringing the World to its knees.

The Zygons of Pie gone.

I think it's a winner.

Quote: sootyj @ 16th September 2014, 10:44 PM BST

I sent one to the BBC where the Zygons nick all the pastries from Greggs, thus bringing the World to its knees.

The Zygons of Pie gone.

I think it's a winner.

I've always had an image in my mind of a Zygon throttling you.