Doctor Who... Page 1,003

Quote: chipolata @ June 3 2013, 10:46 AM BST

...which is pretty much the lifespan for this sort of show.

Given that it has survived 50 years in one media or another, I'd say that it will probably last another 20. It may have a few years off again though.

A decent list, though I wouldn't have put all of them in a personal top 10:

http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/06/what-are-your-top-ten-moffat-era-episodes/

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 3 2013, 1:11 PM BST

A decent list, though I wouldn't have put all of them in a personal top 10:

http://www.kasterborous.com/2013/06/what-are-your-top-ten-moffat-era-episodes/

A Christmas Carol? Along with the wardrobe special these were the nadir of the Christmas special, truly dull and uninteresting. This years special was the best by a long way.

It might be wise to make a series every two years if you want to keep up interest, or maybe a series of specials every year. It will undoubtably reach a tipping point when people lose interest and it feels like it has reached a natural end.

I liked Chritmas Carol a lot, though I wouldn't put it in my top 10.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 3 2013, 1:36 PM BST

I liked Chritmas Carol a lot, though I wouldn't put it in my top 10.

I find most of the Christmas specials were a let down, I liked the next Doctor and the Kylie Minogue one, and the Master stories, if you count them as specials. But most were dreary. The temptation to set them in a snowy Christmas setting and not just make a special is to much for the producers, a mistake I always think.

Quote: Pingl @ June 3 2013, 12:07 PM BST

The modern Doctor is constantly under threat of destruction because of all the hoodoo and myth they wade in. The next Doctor will almost certainly be telling us right from the start that his time is nearly up and he has to go to planet Butlins in the constellation of Skegness to face his destiny as a red coat of the order of Bullshit

Laughing out loud

I thought they was only 13 doctors?

How about this for the next Doctor.

That thought has crossed my mind a few times Bill, but I fear the lad needs a few more years of kicking the boards - and a decade in the 'Lose the Luvvie School of Cinematic Hard Knocks' before a Doctor he'll make. However, he would make an ideal assistant/companion on Doctor Who. Or just a menacing background villain with a gun. Or a guest, gushing with bonhomie, at a country mansion, only to freeze in horror as he becomes the first victim of the mutant space termites mysteriously summoned by Oscar Wilde.

This bloke has done a lot of third whatever from the left parts including recently in 'Doctor Who'. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4701028/

The latest gossip suggests an announcement tomorrow, and that it isn't Ben Daniels.

Damien Molony please.
*crosses fingers and toes*

Michael Gambon please.

I thought they wanted a woman this time? The producer was on radio saying as much and hinting heavily at it. I don't watch the silly show but thought this doctor was a very good actor. So that's probably why he left.

Quote: Ben @ June 7 2013, 6:26 PM BST

Michael Gambon please.

You might as well say 'A lovely chair as the new Doctor please'. About the same chance.