Doctor Who... Page 1,001

Quote: Marc P @ June 3 2013, 10:12 AM BST

He was a bit nervous to ask for my autograph apparently/

:D

Quote: Marc P @ June 3 2013, 9:31 AM BST

John Hurt lives round the corner.. I'll go and ask him :)

Bloody good choice for a Dr as, little known he actually has a TARDIS in his backgarden.

It looks just like a shed.

But I went in there one day and found his stash of whiskey and liquid fertiliser.

Then thanks to it's transdimensional nature I couldn't find my way back out. Till he came and rescued me...three days had passed!

And somebody had thrown up on his favourite comfy chair. Probably Omega or the Master or a Dalek that couldn't hold his pop

Did you offer to be his companion?

I'd like whassisname...O' Dowd from Moone Boy.

Oh now he would be so awesome or as The Meddling Monk, basically a completely mad Time Lord.

Quote: Marc P @ June 3 2013, 10:12 AM BST

He was a bit nervous to ask for my autograph apparently/

but after a drink or two we stripped our shirts off, took down the antique cutlasses above the mantle piece and carved our names in each's quivering manly chests.

He then said I'd got "p" on his chest. We laughed and then I lept upon him and we wrestled infront of the roaring fire.

John turned me to and said
"Now I've got P all over me and I like it."

We laughed but the town's lady guild who had invited us both to speak about cake icing were not amused.

It's all go in Sheringham!

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 3 2013, 10:25 AM BST

I'd like whassisname...O' Dowd from Moone Boy.

No chance, too big a star now.

You think that would distract from the part?

Isn't Dr Who like one of the biggest roles the BBC has to offer?

Maybe they should make a proper movie, I'm sure some one would fund it.

He's headlining a sitcom currently broadcasting in America, as well as his own UK sitcom, plus he's getting American film roles; I don't think he'd commit to a show that would take up the majority of his year.

Ah yes it is a gateway role that requires much commitment.

In fairness, the part is ideal for a newcomer to cut his teeth.

He does currently follow me on Twitter though, I'll run it past him, see if we can put something together. Cool

Quote: Shandonbelle @ June 3 2013, 10:36 AM BST

In fairness, the part is ideal for a newcomer to cut his teeth.

Yeah, or an older person who hasn't broken through into big name status.

Hasn't this effectively started the beginning of the end for Doctor Who? It's the last Doctor, and we're about seven or eight series into the new series, which means the show realistically only has three or four years left. It's end game time.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 3 2013, 10:38 AM BST

Yeah, or an older person who hasn't broken through into big name status.

That would be even better.

Quote: chipolata @ June 3 2013, 10:39 AM BST

It's the last Doctor, ../

Or is it...?

Quote: Nogget @ June 3 2013, 10:44 AM BST

Or is it...?

Even if it's not, the rebooted show will be approaching ten years old soon, which is pretty much the lifespan for this sort of show.