Harry Hill's TV Burp! Page 23

According to reports in the papers (well I say papers, it's acutally The Sun), Harry Hill is leaving TV Burp after the next series, but the series will still continue into 2012.

It's a self-contradictory non-story, if you actually read it. Typically lazy dead tree press 'journalism'.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 29 2011, 8:50 AM BST

According to reports in the papers (well I say papers, it's acutally The Sun), Harry Hill is leaving TV Burp after the next series, but the series will still continue into 2012.

Well, if true, that's bollocks. Don't see how it can continue without Hill either.

To be honset I'm just trying to imagine The Sun hacking into Harry Hill's phone.

"Well, I like Kelvin MacKenzie, and I like Rebekah Brooks. But which is better? There's only one way to find out..."

A total non-story. Surely ITV could simply make less shows.

Did anyone see his interview with Jonathan Ross this week? I switched on half way but there was something along the lines of he's going to 'spend more time with the family'.

Hope this isn't the end - it's the best thing on TV.

That was in reply to Johnathan asking why he stopped doing live standup/touring.

Off to see this being filmed on Thursday. Should be good fun!

Quote: johnny roulette @ December 27 2007, 1:23 AM GMT

i just can't watch harry hill. I find him really unfunny.

In '95 (?), a friend of mine said I should go and see the latest hot "alternative" comic... so off we all stumbled to a functions room above a club (Lizard Lounge?) in Southampton, and there he was in all his finery.

He was very very experimental, then. For the first 10-15 minutes or so, he would deliver the set-up of a particular joke, then do the punchline from another..

Dead silence greeted the first one. Nobody got it. Then came the second one and a few there started to get what he was doing.. the third one got a laugh from about half the audience.. and with the advent of the 4th one, people went mental. This opening part of his routine brought the house down. Just wish I could remember any of the material.

Clever and funny bloke, imo.

If this is going to be the last one, I'm glad to see him going back to basics. There was a piece in The Sun the other week that said likewise, commenting on how for the last several series it's been less funny looks at bad TV shows and more giving the studio audience sightings of Heather and Knitted Character. It's kind of sad when you see stuff like his 'Internet Show' is panned by younger fans who think TV Burp is all he's ever done and don't understand he's perfectly capable of doing silly, funny comedy with his own ideas.

Better get down that grooming bay.

Quote: EllieJP @ October 11 2011, 1:37 PM GMT

Off to see this being filmed on Thursday. Should be good fun!

Did seeing it live ruin the some of the jokes when you saw props off screen before the joke was made?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ November 8 2011, 7:25 PM GMT

In '95 (?), a friend of mine said I should go and see the latest hot "alternative" comic... so off we all stumbled to a functions room above a club (Lizard Lounge?) in Southampton, and there he was in all his finery.

He was very very experimental, then. For the first 10-15 minutes or so, he would deliver the set-up of a particular joke, then do the punchline from another..

Dead silence greeted the first one. Nobody got it. Then came the second one and a few there started to get what he was doing.. the third one got a laugh from about half the audience.. and with the advent of the 4th one, people went mental. This opening part of his routine brought the house down. Just wish I could remember any of the material.

Clever and funny bloke, imo.

I remember seeing him around this time, It took a while to catch up & get it

I think I remember him doing that too.
What was that show he did ages ago with Al Murray before he got famous...

That would be 1997's Harry Hill.

That were good, that.