Harry Hill's TV Burp! Page 24

"Oh, and Harry?"
"Yes, Alan?"
"Make haste! For the parade is in but....Half a minute!"
"Dooooooooh!"

Awww! Memories...

They had that old man from the Joy of Sex too.

The Phil Mitchell zombie/stunt double bit had me pretty much in hysterics.

Harry Hill, total legend and thoroughly nice chap.

Quote: Jamey @ November 13 2011, 10:54 PM GMT

Did seeing it live ruin the some of the jokes when you saw props off screen before the joke was made?

No not at all.

They do it all in one (like you watch it on TV) and obviously have a very slick run operation there. We got to see all the VT running too so that was good. All the laughter is real which adds to it. Sometimes you didn't even notice people running on to be under his desk. Very well run.

Harry is extremely funny in real life and told some cracking jokes when they weren't filming.

Well, that's not gonna work.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 21 2011, 3:48 PM GMT

Well, that's not gonna work.

:(

I'd kinda hope that ITV would do the right thing and let it end, but they showed their usual colours when they decided the show needed to be on 25 weeks a year. Drawing it out has really hurt the appeal of the show but the core of the humour is still Hill's trademark style. If he leaves and they try to go on without him, I won't be watching. Alot of the best moments of TV Burp have been the more acidic ones and I'd hate to see the show carry on and on pretending it's making fun of bad TV when really it's a watered down mess.

I agree entirely. Clip shows have been around for ages are nearly always dreary laugh free affairs. What makes TV Burp is Harry Hill, pure and simple.

I dare say they could make a similar clip show work with someone else, but they'd need new elements and a new angle to distance it from TV Burp. But Burp itself is so intrinsically Harry Hill that anybody else fronting it would just be a disaster.

I think the Chuckle Brothers could be great hosts. And I'm being serious.

Quote: Badge @ December 22 2011, 11:06 PM GMT

You're infatuated.

Quote: Badge @ December 22 2011, 11:06 PM GMT

You're infatuated.

Great ep this week. Especially liked the recurring valentine hate and the mugshot sequence. If this is to be the last series, it's clear he wants to go out on a high note.

Interesting you say that. I thought it feels like they're upping the ante on the bizarre, inspired, and really well produced sketchlets, but then wasn't sure if I was just imagining it or not.

:) Do love Harry Hill!

Tonight's show was one of the best of the recent shows imo.