What are you eating? Page 541

bacon flavour super noodles

pretty rank tbh..

Turkey on sourdough with tomato and avocado. Can't go wrong with a sandwich like that.

Stuffing face with cake, crisps, biscuits, toast and Angel Delight...and The odd bit of carrot

Home made Nando's. Yum!

Had a homemade mushroom korma before. I spiced it up a bit, and it tasted nice, but I still prefer a more manly curry.*

*but not too manly. I'm a 2 out of 3 chilli man on menus. But am in an intensive training programme to up my chilli tolerance levels.

Tried to make ravioli tonight. Didn't quite work but now I know where I went wrong I know what to do next time. :)

I wouldn't normally encourage a ready made jar of sauce/paste over freshly made but I have been enjoying Pataks Korma paste lately. I've also been learning how to cook rice instead of relying on rice packs. The flavour is so much better but the rice can still be under/overcooked sometimes. Getting new pots and pans soon. They should help me cook it better.

Any home made Tomatoes to go in the sauce Leevil?

Quote: Leevil @ September 2 2011, 11:30 PM BST

Tried to make ravioli tonight. Didn't quite work but now I know where I went wrong I know what to do next time. :)

That's most of the fun of cooking as far as I'm concerned.

Quote: Leevil @ September 2 2011, 11:30 PM BST

I wouldn't normally encourage a ready made jar of sauce/paste over freshly made but I have been enjoying Pataks Korma paste lately. I've also been learning how to cook rice instead of relying on rice packs. The flavour is so much better but the rice can still be under/overcooked sometimes. Getting new pots and pans soon. They should help me cook it better.

I still prefer making things from scratch. A jar feels like cheating. Plus I like varying which spices I put in to see if I can notice a fecking difference. :)

I like making a pilaf, but I am a recent convert to microwave rice. It just makes life a wee bit easier.

I've probably contradicted myself a bit, but such is life!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 2 2011, 11:33 PM BST

Any home made Tomatoes to go in the sauce Leevil?

No, didn't bother growing toms this year. Too many fails from previous years. But I'm gonna prep the garden for next year to do it proper this time. To be honest, I use passata for all my sauces. I f'n love the stuff.

I'm eating salad, homegrown Tomotaoes & Spring onions.
If I don't eat the salad I can't have any of the Nando's Chicken.

Surely the chicken's fecking cold by now anyway?

Quote: Rob H @ September 2 2011, 11:37 PM BST

That's most of the fun of cooking as far as I'm concerned.

Even though I was bloated from the meal. I was eager to get up and try again straight after. :D But I didn't.

Quote: Rob H @ September 2 2011, 11:37 PM BST

I still prefer making things from scratch. A jar feels like cheating. Plus I like varying which spices I put in to see if I can notice a fecking difference. :)

I like making a pilaf, but I am a recent convert to microwave rice. It just makes life a wee bit easier.

I've probably contradicted myself a bit, but such is life!

God I've missed you! *opens up Android Scrabble** I do love the microwavable rice, because it is so feckin' easy. But there's only so many flavours we can eat being bloody veggie and vegan(!). So to vary it up and not rely on Uncle Benn, I wanted to finally get over my fear and learn how to cook it proper.

Rice is difficult to cook, I prefer the packets.

Didn't Rob get the "Most Popular poster" award at the BCG forum ceremony at the Grosvenor hotel?
He didn't turn up though, so we gave it to Teddy Paddalack.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 2 2011, 11:46 PM BST

Didn't Rob get the "Most Popular poster" award at the BCG forum ceremony at the Grosvenor hotel?
He didn't turn up though, so we gave it to Teddy Paddalack.

Unimpressed Unimpressed

Quote: Leevil @ September 2 2011, 11:43 PM BST

Even though I was bloated from the meal. I was eager to get up and try again straight after. :D But I didn't.

Laughing out loud I'm the same.

Quote: Leevil @ September 2 2011, 11:43 PM BST

God I've missed you! *opens up Android Scrabble** I do love the microwavable rice, because it is so feckin' easy. But there's only so many flavours we can eat being bloody veggie and vegan(!). So to vary it up and not rely on Uncle Benn, I wanted to finally get over my fear and learn how to cook it proper.

I'm mainly on Words with Friends now.

And I was the same with rice until about six months ago when I learnt to make a pilaff. Basically, soften your onion (and whatever veg you want to put in - grated courgettes and/or carrots are good) in vegetable oil plus spices if required, then add the rice for a minute or so and pour in 1.5 times the amount of boiling water or stock to rice, and let it simmer on the hob for c.9 minutes, then turn it off and let it stand for ten minutes, keeping the lid on throughout. Should work perfectly. But it's not my fault if it doesn't.