Baby Cow comp Page 9

The shortlist has been revealed on the 4Laughs site. Winner to come soon.

Good luck to those involved.

Congrats to WJFK and Swertyd - two BSG regulars on making the top five.

Congrats to you both. I was disappointed but not entirely surprised to see my name didn't make it to the top five. My disappointment was alleviated somewhat when I saw my name floating just above the shortlist as a 4-Laughs a day recommendation though. Sweet.

Well done to the BSGers who got on there.

I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't on there, but not surprised really. My sketch writing has been somewhat lacking recently.....

yeah congrats guys(or indeed gals if that be the case.)

Cheers people.

Nice news on the eve of my Play & Record sketch undoubtedly being dropped ;)

Congratulations to the BSG guys who did make it into the Top 5. Like everybody else who didn't, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't make it through but I do think I forgot to bring the funny on this. I'm going to post mine on the critique section of the site - all feedback welcome.

Thanks very much. I just found out by reading the posts.

Quote: SlagA @ November 20, 2007, 7:24 PM

Congrats to WJFK and Swertyd - two BSG regulars on making the top five.

Make that three. I'm up there but you'll have to guess which one i am. Good luck to the others, although i sincerely hope you lose ;)

Congrats to all the five short listed whoever you are (three we know although one of you is a tad shy..)

Good luck all of you anyway!

Frankie xxx :)

Yes well done all concerned.

With regard to my own efforts,I am reminded of John Cleese in Clockwatching when he says something like:

"The failure I can take - It's the hope!!!"

And you Candice.

Lol at Blenkinsop's Cleese quote - I know that feeling so well.

It's despair, not failure.

"It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

All too apt for England supporters tonight.

And since this is a writer's forum, let's credit the writer, not the actor. John Cleese is a great writer but so is Michael Frayn and he wrote Clockwise.

Quote: John Kelly @ November 21, 2007, 10:43 AM

Either way works for me, but point taken.
:)

Quote: John Kelly @ November 21, 2007, 10:43 AM

"It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand."

All too apt for England supporters tonight.

And since this is a writer's forum, let's credit the writer, not the actor. John Cleese is a great writer but so is Michael Frayn and he wrote Clockwise.

Thanks John I knew I wasn't quite right but hadn't time to Google it. But the sentiment? Eh - spot on!

And yes - hats off to the writer too, Michael Frayn.

If I was a pedant I'd point out that I qualify in my post that the quote was not quite right and that I say that Cleese says it not that he wrote it.

But luckily I'm not a pedant Whistling nnocently