Baby Cow comp Page 8

Does anybody know when they'll be announcing the winner of this comp?

Quote: David Bussell @ November 13, 2007, 1:01 PM

Does anybody know when they'll be announcing the winner of this comp?

Haven't got a clue, but would like to know. Currently, the home page still reads 'Today we're opening the first in a series of new competitions' and when you click through it still says deadline 12th. I guess they may have got loads of entries.

There are comps from the past that have yet to be announced (like from May) so it's anybodys guess. It will come no doubt... I haven't entered but I'm hoping the winner will be off 4laughs or BSG then hopefully they'll tell us all about it when they get back!!! ;)

Good luck all who have entered Ye 4laughs competition labyrinth!!! :P

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 13, 2007, 11:58 AM

I'd be far more concerned about mine own! ;)

Ha! I see what you've donne, there.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ November 13, 2007, 11:58 AM

I do love Tommy Steele though!!!

Then you'll be familiar with his first hit: "Rock With The Caveman".

Yes I am ... I wasn't there to buy it though.. the first 'tune' I bought was on 45 rpm on the Decca label and it was called 'Dance On' by Kathy Kirby b/w 'Playboy'

Still got it and still play it!!!

Don't talk of love right now, dance on..

It's weird some of you thought of a 50s dad being Happy Days, as it's quite an obvious logical connection that the Slaggs didn't make. Even The Flintstones passed us by, despite the minor controversy.

We thought immediately of Yorkshire, Hovis, and flat caps. We didn't stick to a strict interpretation of it being 50s references alone, instead we had fun mixing a few modern (but hidden) references between the lines.

I just thought of some traditional 50's things: "going hopping", "a love of ale (as opposed to the more modern love of lager - ok its tenuous), "putting royalty before everything else - apart from ale".

I don't know how good mine was though. I'd liked to have ended on a strong punchline, but that's not necessarily the end of my chance.

I was quite surprised by the amount of different sketches people came up with though. It did seem a limited scenario, but I guess everyone will have a different handle on it.

I didn't mention the dad part, I did include a morris oxford though.

To be honest i was devoid of ideas for this one and just put a simple setup, repetiton, gag in rather than a full sketch.

In other words, i have no chance.

Quote: SlagA @ November 13, 2007, 9:21 PM

It's weird some of you thought of a 50s dad being Happy Days, as it's quite an obvious logical connection that the Slaggs didn't make. Even The Flintstones passed us by, despite the minor controversy.

We thought immediately of Yorkshire, Hovis, and flat caps. We didn't stick to a strict interpretation of it being 50s references alone, instead we had fun mixing a few modern (but hidden) references between the lines.

Funny, but as soon as I see the phrase 50's dad I think America as opposed to here as there were so many arcetypal examples of the genre fed to us this side of t'pond in the popular American sitcoms of the late fifties early sixties.

I couldn't resist getting one of these "dads" into my idea.

According to today's Editor's Blog on 4Laughs, they've read all the entries and will be selecting the shortlist on Monday with the winner announced shortly afterwards. When you're frequently told someone will get back to you in 6 months - that's not bad going.

http://www.channel4.com/4laughs/feature/blog/index.html

I got some generic email back saying if you have a question, email it to this address.. (the address I sent the sketch too).

Anyone else get that?

Ah, sounds like a 4laughs kissoff Cos, oh tough luck son! :(

Naw, anybodys guess mate, you know they get "weird and wonderful" with their uploading system! ;)

Don't worry, Paul. I got the same thing and enquired on the 4laughs board - it's normal practise, just a receipt that is automatically sent out to all emails coming in.

Quote: Winterlight @ November 16, 2007, 1:14 PM

Don't worry, Paul. I got the same thing and enquired on the 4laughs board - it's normal practise, just a receipt that is automatically sent out to all emails coming in.

I didnt get one, which is making me a bit worried now.

I'd email 'em privately Matt and let them know and resend it, you know how bad their uploader has been since day 1!