Baby Cow comp Page 5

I couldn't think of an idea so i just insulted my neighbours(scousers), no doubt my house will be bricked.....again. Honestly if you can't insult people you don't know then whats the point? Might as well be a dope smoking, benefit cheating, good for nothing, unfunny, layabout git. Oh yeah, I already am!

Are you black, foriegn and gay too? You may as well have a full hand if you're going to play the game seriously!

of course i am! no point cheating the benefits in russia is there? A stale loaf of bread don't buy much green frankie boy.

Yes but are you the ultimate 'nigger of the world' (John Lennon quote) i.e. a woman?

Edited:
I am pleased to see that SlagA has noted the quote reference in detail below as I did not think I needed to do so. I come from a generation where it wasn't necessary to explain this quote. That's because everybody across the World new it first hand as Lennon was so huge and so well respected (by most intelligent people) at least for the stand he took for World Peace and Equality, if not for his music.

In those days the Lennon/Ono peace slogans were splashed across every newspaper and recycled on every subway wall (to paraprase another great 1960's songwriter, Paul Simon)

Some think it is this very stand that made Lennon a target for the FBI/CIA, or was it a nut case that ended his life? Either way, he's gone and I'll never forget walking down Oxford Street in Central London on a cold December morning to face a newspaper sellers billboard that read, simply:

LENNON
SHOT
DEAD

All we are saying is Give Peace a Chance!

Background for readers:

John Lennon wrote a political song in the 70s called "Woman is the Nigger of the world". It was a Yoko Ono quote that Lennon liked and turned into song. It caused a minor controversy back then but the word was NOT used in its derogatory racial sense but in drawing a comparison between the domestic, economic, social 'slavery' of a 70s woman with the historical political slavery of the negro population in the West.

In this sense the use of the word is directed at the inequality of social economic positions within society (i.e. it referred to women of all races) rather than the more common useage of the word as a racial slur. Lennon was always careful to point this out and the two-edged part of the phrase worked because it revealed a gender issue but also showed that the West was still a long way from total emancipation for its black populations, despite progress.

Lennon (and Ono) never intended the use of the word in a derogatory sense to a race but rather used the term to highlight a gender disparity that was socially 'invisible' and needed raising. That they choose to do it via the charts was typical of the couple and their relationship with the media.

Despite not knowing all the details (Thanks slag!) we could guess it was something along those lines because we know that Lennon is a good person.
Which is why these kind of jokes only work when the audience has at least some background knowledge of the person telling it. Otherwise they have every right to assume that person is a c**t.

Quote: zooo @ November 9, 2007, 1:14 PM

these kind of jokes only work when the audience has at least some background knowledge of the person telling it.

Agreed. Very few might understand the reference and see beyond the use of the 'N' word.

Quote: zooo @ November 9, 2007, 1:14 PM

Otherwise they have every right to assume that person is a c**t.

The more use of that word the better! :D

Can I get any of c**ts a drink? :D

Quote: hotzappa11 @ November 9, 2007, 4:14 PM

Can I get any of c**ts a drink? :D

Am I sad to know which film, which actor and which scene that is from?

Was the film, Bambi? Thumper speaking to the hounds?

Sorry to bring this thread back on topic but have just finished my sketch. not going to reveal my hand (probably the comedic equivalent of jack high) just yet but would like to see others' ideas post deadline. Mainly interested to see if others had similar premises.

I'd be interested to see other people's offerings too. Maybe we could vote to see which of them is the most popular even.

Bet no-one thought to include at least one reference to The Flintstones
ha ha ha!

I didn't. Drat! Laughing out loud