BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 51

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2021, 5:00 AM

Except for those who dropped five places in the league (Sorry Billy).

Maybe five places but still within nine points and an unused wildcard.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2021, 5:00 AM

Except for those who dropped five places in the league (Sorry Billy). Leave one or two key players out and you get mangled. I've been done by them before, not picking those two mercenaries Sanchez and Saurez. Thank f**k they're gone.

Your analysis is off.

Bunter fielded a good team. The only obvious weakness was not having a City defender, and perhaps having Wilson. His 'low' score is down to not having Stones - whose two goals were an anomaly and not getting any captain points. He was also very unlucky to have two defenders who didn't play - Kilman and Zouma. Kilman was predictable, Zouma wasn't.

Your team isn't really any better than his, if you substitute one or two defenders. Salah should have been good for at least 40pts, captained, and possibly a lot more. You were just very lucky - exceptionally so with Gündogan, as you'll see in the coming weeks.

On a separate note, the highest points scorer of the weak - Shotgun - essentially wild carded in my team, which tells me I did a good job, on a modest points hit of -8. The bad news is the no-show c**t will be hanging round my neck for the next seven or eight weeks until our teams are significantly different again.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th January 2021, 10:01 AM

.............................. and Antonio was anticipated to return, affecting his position and runs. I wouldn't have expected anything much from Robinson, so you were right to bench him.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th January 2021, 11:20 AM

I was going to post about Antonio as so many people put him in their team, yet prior to Week 19 he'd scored f**k-all and would have been the last person I would have played.

So did I miss something? Was there someone waving a big flag with his name on that I missed? 5 people had him in their squad, including you. I just don't get it (clearly) :(

Bump - Godot?

Perhaps was a bit hasty selling Soucek ahem
however it was to get Gundogan in so it softens the blow

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 26th January 2021, 8:52 PM

Perhaps was a bit hasty selling Soucek......................

When I had him in my Free Hit ;Double Week Super Duper Dream Team last week he did f**k all for me, scoring a total of 4 points, and there is the story of my life as far as FF is concerned.

And this week's shit so far? Zaha was doubtful, so put him on the bench, and of course, he plays a full match and scores 7 points. I really don't know why I bother Angry F**king load of crap.

Three f**king games with no captain points and two goals on the bench!

Who wants some?

Hiya again guys.

Don't you think that you might be being a bit tunnel visioned on this game?

Why not focus for a while on something else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1an_jmSBz3Q

P'tang Yang Kipperbang gets his nose in front with an impressive 65 point so far.
(No, I've not turned into horseradish - it was a film from my youth_

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th January 2021, 8:17 AM

(No, I've not turned into horseradish..............

F**king hope not, one is bad enough

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th January 2021, 8:17 AM

P'tang Yang Kipperbang gets his nose in front with an impressive 65 point so far.
(No, I've not turned into horseradish - it was a film from my youth_

....which was on Film4 last Monday night.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th January 2021, 10:41 AM

....which was on Film4 last Monday night.

You beat me to it with your previous......................... :D

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th January 2021, 5:51 PM

P'tang Yang Kipperbang is a Jack Rosenthal TV film, shown on Channel 4 on its second night of broadcasting and has since become something of a cult classic, being shown occasionally at the BFI. It stars a 14 year old Abigail Cruttenden (Not Going Out, Benidorm, etc). It is on Film4 at 2am Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Hmmm, didn't see that post or the film.
I seem to remember I enjoyed it when it came out.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th January 2021, 3:31 PM

Hmmm, didn't see that post or the film.

Northern git :P

Is this linked to Unwin, Wittering and Zygo?

I always identified with Wittering.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 28th January 2021, 7:48 PM

Is this linked to Unwin...

This is a very good question and topicold. Are you all sitty comftybold two-square on your botty? Then I'll begin. Now, of course like all real-life experience storie, this also begins once a polly tito...