BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 55

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 3rd February 2021, 3:41 AM

Noah Vale is very good - but not a footballer, no?

I'll raise you I've left the Gastón Not brilliant but best I can do at 3 in the morning.

I'm not one for the player puns I like my team to sound like a team name (at least vaguely)
But the player puns are fun and I like yours

Oh and Ditto the Salah captain sentiments, Herc although it didn't seem a bad bet at the time
But Brighton are really good if they could score goals they'd be right up there, So would Liverpool for that matter

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th February 2021, 12:37 AM

I'm not one for the player puns I like my team to sound like a team name (at least vaguely)

Oh and Ditto the Salah captain sentiments, Herc although it didn't seem a bad bet at the time
But Brighton are really good if they could score goals they'd be right up there, So would Liverpool for that matter

What can you do with a twat like Salah. I know exactly what will happen if I drop him - he'll score a f**king hat-trick. I've been down this road before, and you simply cannot win!

Player puns. Salah vie?
Yes/No?

F**k it. I know I'm going to regret this, but I've nicked the captain's armband off Salah and given it to Fernandes.

Angelic
Our Father, who art in Heaven....................

Up and down like a whore's drawers with Don. 13th/14th 14th/13th etc. We both scored the same points too this week.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 4th February 2021, 12:37 AM

As an expert punner, that's high praise - so cheers.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2021, 6:10 AM

What can you do with a twat like Salah.

A question that was heard chez Taxis as I chucked my shoes at the telly last night. Mrs Taxis even showed solidarity by doing the same. I think it was her shoes - might have been her earrings -

I've had four weeks with no captain's returns, which is why I haven't been able to build on the success of the double gameweek.

My differentials have also delivered nothing - literally in the case of Foden, and the coming weekend is a benching nightmare. All my defenders are strong candidates for clean sheets and players like Foden, Tielemans and Calvert-Lewin could score big or do FA.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th February 2021, 6:10 AM

Player puns. Salah vie?
Yes/No?

Yes, that's excellent. And easily passes the bar of being funny but not too studied seeming. Visit the Fantasy Football Scout website for hideously contrived examples like Baines on Toast, Slumdog Mignolet and the utterly execrable: Fer Fuchs Aké ('For F**k's Sake' from Leroy Fer, Christian Fuchs and Nathan Aké)

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th February 2021, 5:52 PM

Yes, that's excellent. And easily passes the bar of being funny but not too studied seeming.

Well, thank you Godot - praise indeed, and it was just off the top of my head, hence the simplicity. :)

12 points on the Bench already
I might start letting the assistant manager pick the team

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 6th February 2021, 9:20 PM

12 points on the Bench already
I might start letting the assistant manager pick the team

19 for you at the end of the day, 21 for me.

You can't play 'em all, but I could have avoided the obvious error of playing McCarthy in goal instead of Martinez. Thought Arsenal would definitely score against the kipper tie wearing troglodytes of Aston Villa.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th February 2021, 8:51 AM

19 for you at the end of the day, 23 Whistling nnocently for me.

So far, naff all score on my sub's bench, :D and have stuck with Martinez for weeks now. AND LOOK! FUCK ME!! I've leapt up to 12th - watch out, I'm on me way. :P

In other news. Salah is to play yet and for sure he's going to score a hat-trick, just to spite me giving Fernandes the captaincy, but at least I didn't put Martinez and Calvert-Lewis on the bench.

Sort of heartening really to know it's not just me who makes crap decisions. Wave

one nil Leeds
Surely Bamford is involved somehow now I've picked him , nice one
I won't even check he must be.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 7th February 2021, 8:51 AM

19 for you at the end of the day, 21 for me.

And now 20 for me. Angry Humph. Please keep your bench points contagion to yourselves.

Ha
Sorry Alf.
You've been doing very well so far this season I must say ( or have we all been doing badly )
Well played anyway old chap

Oof 28 points left on my bench - maybe more had I captained of Vice captained.
And 1 player red carded for -3 points.

Your voodoo dance is working Herc.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 9th February 2021, 9:02 AM

Oof 28 points left on my bench - maybe more had I captained of Vice captained.
And 1 player red carded for -3 points.

Your voodoo dance is working Herc.

Oh Stephen, such a shame (tries hard to suppress snigger) :P