BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 50

Just unlucky Herc. I noticed you had 40 odd points sat on your bench....that's gotta hurt.
Those points (if swapped for low scorers) would have taken you over the 100 mark too.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 24th January 2021, 4:53 PM

Simples.

We have friends in higher places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrsmNOzaMQ

Or the answer could be even simpler than that:

In the event of a tie between teams, the team who has made the least amount of transfers will be positioned higher. Any transfers made using a wildcard or free hit will not count towards total transfers made.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th January 2021, 5:27 PM

Just unlucky Herc. I noticed you had 40 odd points sat on your bench....that's gotta hurt.
Those points (if swapped for low scorers) would have taken you over the 100 mark too.

I feel better now. Teary

Well done Fernandes putting the cap on 'Pool - now why the f**k couldn't you have played for me like that when I had you in my Free Hit team in the Double Game Week. Angry

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th January 2021, 12:59 AM

I feel better now. Teary

You have 48 points on the bench, which is painful and I would lay some blame at your door, though with caveats. The Target assist can't be predicted, but a Villa defender is clearly a better playing prospect than a Fulham one, even if they only effectively had 'one game' with playing City, so Aina should've been on your bench. I would have also played Justin over Soucek as Leicester have good form at the moment (well done to Steve for loading up - I certainly missed it), and Antonio was anticipated to return, affecting his position and runs. I wouldn't have expected anything much from Robinson, so you were right to bench him.

BUT, you played your free hit and you need a strong bench now, with illness and games being postponed so putting everything on the field would have been foolhardy, so you couldn't really win in a way, playing sensibly is always going to leave bench points.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 22nd January 2021, 9:49 PM

So who's sailed over Beecher's Brook, who's landed heavily, who's gone through it rather than over it, and whose horse has thrown them off and then gone back to trample on them?

Your analogies are f**king awful Kipper - a double Gameweek is not a danger - it means more points all round.

A few people did the equivalent of TT with their nuts out though, by not having Kane, Son or Salah. Son hit the bar and Kane was incredibly unlucky not to get two. Captaining Kevin De Fatboy over Salah, worked out for those who did it by a miracle - but was very stupid in my view. He wasn't even an essential player in my view, let alone captain material.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th January 2021, 10:01 AM

................................and Antonio was anticipated to return, affecting his position and runs. I wouldn't have expected anything much from Robinson, so you were right to bench him.

I was going to post about Antonio as so many people put him in their team, yet prior to Week 19 he'd scored f**k-all and would have been the last person I would have played.

So did I miss something? Was there someone waving a big flag with his name on that I missed? 5 people had him in their squad, including you. I just don't get it (clearly) :(

Oh no.

The most intelligent man in the world has been sacked.

We are all doomed,

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/11FC9/production/_116337637_gettyimages-1294304758.jpg

(Obviously I can't discuss the full contents of the manager's notes which just happened to full into my lap from an unknown address in Cheltenham and then that of Abramovich. But they did include the intention of making Tomori their regular centre forward and innovatively putting Hudson-Odoi permanently in goal).

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th January 2021, 4:08 PM

Oh no.

The most intelligent man in the world has been sacked.

We are all doomed,

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/11FC9/production/_116337637_gettyimages-1294304758.jpg

(Obviously I can't discuss the full contents of the manager's notes which just happened to full into my lap from an unknown address in Cheltenham and then that of Abramovich. But they did include the intention of making Tomori their regular centre forward and innovatively putting Hudson-Odoi permanently in goal).

My heart sinks when I see your name posting on this thread as inevitably it's going to be some completely unrelated ramble to nowhere, but this should be on the "The all-in-one consolidatory football thread" as it bears no relationship to Fantasy Football.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2021, 12:02 AM

My heart sinks when I see your name posting on this thread as inevitably it's going to be some completely unrelated ramble to nowhere, but this should be on the "The all-in-one consolidatory football thread" as it bears no relationship to Fantasy Football.

Or is it more logically that these days that your heart just simply sinks and then you are latching it onto irrelevance so far as your heart is concerned on a more regular basis? My Mum lashes out verbally too. It's got nothing to do with me. She has a wildly fixed idea of normal and wonders where it has gone. You seem to have a lot of individual complaints these days. So sorry - and I hope that you can kindly cope with them.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 25th January 2021, 10:18 AM

a double Gameweek is not a danger - it means more points all round.

Except for those who dropped five places in the league (Sorry Billy). Leave one or two key players out and you get mangled. I've been done by them before, not picking those two mercenaries Sanchez and Saurez. Thank f**k they're gone.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 26th January 2021, 1:16 AM

Or is it more logically that these days that your heart just simply sinks and then you are latching it onto irrelevance so far as your heart is concerned on a more regular basis? My Mum lashes out verbally too. It's got nothing to do with me. She has a wildly fixed idea of normal and wonders where it has gone. You seem to have a lot of individual complaints these days. So sorry - and I hope that you can kindly cope with them.

If you confined you posts to relevant subjects and not go off on flights of fantasy, you would gain my full respect as clearly you know what you are about when it comes to FF, but sadly I fear this post will fall on deaf ears. Wave

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 26th January 2021, 5:00 AM

..............................not picking those two mercenaries Sanchez and Saurez. Thank f**k they're gone.

Presuming you are talking about Double Gameweeks and not those two footballers, I understand that weeks 26, 32 and 37 are prime candidates if fixtures build up with possibly 29 and 33 being blank; but then who am I to proffer.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2021, 6:07 AM

If you confined you posts to relevant subjects and not go off on flights of fantasy, you would gain my full respect as clearly you know what you are about when it comes to FF, but sadly I fear this post will fall on deaf ears. Wave

Sorry but there are no flights of fantasy in any of my posts.

I think you must be talking about the ones my pet gerbil, Mavis, writes for me when I'm watching television.

And there m'lud, the case of BCG v Mr Radish is proven.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2021, 10:57 AM

And there m'lud, the case of BCG v Mr Radish is proven.

So what exactly do you want to do?

Stick a bunsen burner under her little trotters so that she can't type anymore?

I know you don't mean to be but you can be almost cruel at times.