British Comedy Quiz Page 45

Very pleased and relieved to report I got 100% on this, despite a few tricky questions. Thanks Rhianna, great quiz :)

Blimey! A quiz on The Young Ones from Michael Monkhouse, for Cliff's sake!

Enjoyed that a lot, I've seen the episodes numerous times over the years so hoped I'd do pretty well, but of course MM is known for being quite the Young Ones aficionado, so there was bound to be some challenging questions in there...

I got 8/10 and 4/5, which I was pretty pleased with - although, a bit miffed that I got the wrong episode for Vivian going bald!

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11, 12, 13, 14.

Nice one Michael!

Got 6/10 & 2/5 but a couple were lucky guesses. Nice to be taken back all those years though, as it's not a sitcom that's been repeated much (in last couple of decades at least). Now look forward to your Bottom quiz Michael.

BTW Mark seems to have changed his mind on single subject quizzes then, as we've had quite a lot of them lately, which is great news for me, I love 'em. Even if they're not my sort of thing, it's a good to learn about new shows.

In the words of Sylvia Plath, awesome.
Glad you enjoyed it. The cool thing is that I used my brain cell instead of this Internetty thingy to come up with the questions. That's cheating.
My next quiz will be Blackadder put-downs.

Great quiz Michael - I also got 8/10 and 4/5, getting 3, 10 & 15 wrong.

Question 5 was interesting - for years I had thought the real reason to be an Oscar Wilde reference.

Hello all.

I'm not a fan of the Young Ones or any so called "Alternative comedy" so I'll give this quiz a pass.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 21st June 2023, 10:13 AM

Great quiz Michael - I also got 8/10 and 4/5, getting 3, 10 & 15 wrong.

Question 5 was interesting - for years I had thought the real reason to be an Oscar Wilde reference.

15.13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b59Qp4bEFs&t=1351s

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 22nd June 2023, 8:04 AM

15.13 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b59Qp4bEFs&t=1351s

😁

Quiz 260 from Hercules, I got 8/10 and 3/5! Good mix of questions there, most of the ones I got correct I knew, but a few lucky guesses too.

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 11, 12, 14.

I remember some of those BT adverts, but didn't remember the dress shop one at all, though after seeing the clip it seems familiar.
Never heard of the programme in question 13, even after seeing the answer!

Quiz 260: 9/10. Although the Greg Davies one was a guess and, like a plate above, don't remember the dress shop advert but nevertheless got the correct answer as it seemed the most likely of the options.

Didn't get the Alan Partridge one.

Quote: a plate @ 28th June 2023, 2:55 AM

Quiz 260 from Hercules, I got 8/10 and 3/5! Good mix of questions there, most of the ones I got correct I knew, but a few lucky guesses too.

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 11, 12, 14.

I remember some of those BT adverts, but didn't remember the dress shop one at all, though after seeing the clip it seems familiar.
Never heard of the programme in question 13, even after seeing the answer!

Well done! And thank you, as yes I do like to give a good mix of period and genre. Aaron and I were big fans of No. 13 and were not happy when it finished early as we both thought it had a lot more to give.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th June 2023, 7:45 AM

Quiz 260: 9/10. Although the Greg Davies one was a guess and, like a plate above, don't remember the dress shop advert but nevertheless got the correct answer as it seemed the most likely of the options.

Didn't get the Alan Partridge one.

VG Billy! The BT advert is a favourite of my wife and I as we're always quoting "Have you got it in all the colours and all the sizes?" Great advert.

The Alan Partridge one was so easy to put in a spoof line, as all the ones he uses are so ridiculous, anyway.

Hello everybody, 6 out 10 for me today.

Nice varied quiz Herc,

I correctly scored: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q5, Q6, Q9.
I incorrectly answered: Q4, Q7, Q8, Q10.

Good quiz Herc! Pleased with my 9/10 and 2/5 there as they included a few lucky guesses. The less lucky guesses were 4, 12, 13, 15.

Snap.
9/10 2/5

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 28th June 2023, 10:55 AM

Hello everybody, 6 out 10 for me today.

Nice varied quiz Herc,

Thank you JJ - I do like to mix it up with types and times

Quote: Niki Walton @ 28th June 2023, 11:32 AM

Good quiz Herc! Pleased with my 9/10 and 2/5 there as they included a few lucky guesses. The less lucky guesses were 4, 12, 13, 15.

Thank you Niki - yes, Q 15 is a very favourite film of mine, and I'm old enough to remember my Dad taking me to see it at the cinema.

Coincidentally, it is a Connection I've had accepted on the Only Connect quiz (parrot pet names), which you might see one day!