British Comedy Quiz Page 47

Quiz # 262: 6/10

Numbers 1, 3 (educated guess - bearing in mind I don't even know who he is!), 6, 7, 9 & 10 correct.

Should perhaps have got # 2 & 8 as I watched the programmes in question back in the day. But I didn't!

Just 3/10 for me this week and no extra 5 so I'll have to see if those pesky moths have come back. Is Nikki cranking them up or is it just me? Oh, just me so far then. Good to be challenged though, got 7, 9 &10 right and none of my guesses worked this week.

262 - Great quiz Niki, with a very good mix, even if I hadn't seen some of them! 😁......................and maybe, should have done

6/10 and 1/5

Hello everyone.

Dear Niki, I do struggle with your quizs.

I scored 3 out of today.

I correctly answered: Q2, Q5, Q9.

I incorrectly answered: Q1, Q3, Q4, Q6, Q7, Q8, Q10.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th July 2023, 8:05 AM

Quiz # 262: 6/10

Numbers 1, 3 (educated guess - bearing in mind I don't even know who he is!), 6, 7, 9 & 10 correct.

Should perhaps have got # 2 & 8 as I watched the programmes in question back in the day. But I didn't!

Thanks Billy - must admit I don't know a great deal about Q3's personal/biographical info other than he's from the same home city as me, so that's enough to make him a bit more special.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2023, 8:21 AM

Just 3/10 for me this week and no extra 5 so I'll have to see if those pesky moths have come back. Is Nikki cranking them up or is it just me? Oh, just me so far then. Good to be challenged though, got 7, 9 &10 right and none of my guesses worked this week.

Thanks Alfred - must admit I've found myself wondering if I'm writing questions on the same shows or people time after time, glad to hear they're still challenging.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th July 2023, 9:11 AM

262 - Great quiz Niki, with a very good mix, even if I hadn't seen some of them! 😁......................and maybe, should have done

Thanks Herc - the subject of Q5 was never a favourite of mine but this was a question I used on workfriends in a lockdown quiz (in a different format & angle) and it went down well so I was pleased I was able to repurpose it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th July 2023, 8:21 AM

I didn't get the bonus 5 questions either this week. Just a 4/10 for me on the main ones, I found it difficult too!
Correct: 1, 3, 4, 7.
I remembered Guz Khan mentioning his former profession, I think on Would I Lie To You, so got that right.
Got the Father Ted question wrong although I'm a fan of it. I like that boring priest character, but I guess he was so boring that I must've zoned out when he was speaking! :)

Quote: a plate @ 12th July 2023, 9:01 PM

I didn't get the bonus 5 questions either this week. Just a 4/10 for me on the main ones, I found it difficult too!
Correct: 1, 3, 4, 7.
I remembered Guz Khan mentioning his former profession, I think on Would I Lie To You, so got that right.
Got the Father Ted question wrong although I'm a fan of it. I like that boring priest character, but I guess he was so boring that I must've zoned out when he was speaking! :)

Thanks a plate, are people's extra five bonus questions not showing up? Mine are displaying correctly.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 13th July 2023, 6:33 PM

Thanks a plate, are people's extra five bonus questions not showing up? Mine are displaying correctly.

I dunno why, but it seems that I don't have 'Supporter' status anymore, and so I don't get the bonus five questions, and the same thing appears to have happened to Alfred!

Great quiz. 7!
Not Going Out question seemed very hard?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th July 2023, 7:49 AM

Great quiz. 7!
Not Going Out question seemed very hard?

Well done Chris! I've not seen all the episodes of Not Going Out so I can't say how prominent the number is across all series. But I do remember seeing it onscreen and then reading about it online later.

Perfect quiz otherwise.

Quiz 263: It says at the start: "To get full marks here you'll need to know all kinds of things." Well, I didn't get where I am today by 'knowing all kinds of things'!

Therefore I only got 4/10, and most of those were guesses. I only knew question 2. Uber difficult this week, and I'm not talking about taxis.

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 9.

Well I knew numbers 2 & 5. Can't say fairer than that...

The same again, 4/10. I did change my mind on two that would've been right but that's my fault. Q4's a good'n. They've definitely started cranking 'em up. Which is good in my book.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 14th July 2023, 7:22 PM

Perfect quiz otherwise.

A perfect quiz anyway. Because one does not know the answer to one of the questions, it doesn't make it any the less perfect.