British Comedy Quiz Page 44

Quiz 257, from Niki Walton - I did better than last week, with 7/10 and 2/5.

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11, 12.

Some inventive questions as usual, Niki - I particularly liked the Father Ted question, and the 'dual roles' one was a good idea, took me some careful thinking to work it out.

Suited me better too, a pleasing 9/10 & 3/5. Yes I thought the dual role one was an excellent Q, and sure enough I got it wrong although I'd got it down to one of two, I chose the wrong one, funnily enough for a dual reason I won't give yet, so as not to give the answer. Good quiz.

8/10.

# 7 was a pure guess.

Got # 1 wrong after first selecting the correct answer and then changing my mind.

# 10 I have to admit I don't even know as a stand-up comedian let alone knowing what she did before she became one!

No 257

I think I've slipped into a parallel universe..................bad again! 😳 Yet Niki and I used to be on the same wavelength.

5/10 and 1/5

Good morning everyone, I belive that Niki and I have some different comedy tastes, but thats all part of the fun of being on a comedy forum.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q8, Q9.
I incorrectly answered: Q5, Q6, Q7, Q10.

I'm not a fan of much "modern comedy" for me its the "old stuff" thats the best.

Herc, when's the Peter Sellers quiz?

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 7th June 2023, 11:23 AM

I'm not a fan of much "modern comedy" for me its the "old stuff" thats the best.

Herc, when's the Peter Sellers quiz?

And I thought my memory was bad 😁

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 10th May 2023, 7:59 PM

Well done my mate Herc excellent quiz, when is the Peter Sellers quiz?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th May 2023, 12:15 AM

Peter Sellers quiz is set for 26th July - the nearest Wed. to the date of his death (24th)

Quote: a plate @ 7th June 2023, 1:11 AM

Quiz 257, from Niki Walton - I did better than last week, with 7/10 and 2/5.

Some inventive questions as usual, Niki - I particularly liked the Father Ted question, and the 'dual roles' one was a good idea, took me some careful thinking to work it out.

Thanks a plate, you were a very early bird, glad you enjoyed the questions :)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th June 2023, 6:42 AM

Suited me better too, a pleasing 9/10 & 3/5. Yes I thought the dual role one was an excellent Q, and sure enough I got it wrong although I'd got it down to one of two, I chose the wrong one, funnily enough for a dual reason I won't give yet, so as not to give the answer. Good quiz.

Thanks AJK, that question seemed easy when I first wrote it but it took some thinking through, both from myself and Mark to ensure it was watertight.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th June 2023, 9:14 AM

8/10.

# 10 I have to admit I don't even know as a stand-up comedian let alone knowing what she did before she became one!

Thanks Billy, I was hoping a few people might have learned the answer to Q10 as the comedian in question was on the radio yesterday talking about their pre-comedy career :)

5/10 and only one miseducated guess.

Good morning everyone, I belive that Niki and I have some different comedy tastes, but thats all part of the fun of being on a comedy forum.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q8, Q9.
I incorrectly answered: Q5, Q6, Q7, Q10.

Sorry JJ I missed your post! I think our comedy tastes might overlap quite well. Though note that I did submit a quiz earlier this year with the caveat that just because I write a quiz question about a particular show or person, it doesn't necessarily mean I find it/them funny (though I might have done as a child when I had simpler tastes or certain jokes passed me by).

Also one person's "modern comedy" is another's "old stuff". I did once explain to a much-younger work colleague how exciting it was when I was a teenager and we got a new series of Blackadder, I did feel a bit like someone of my parents' generation talking about the Beatles :)

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 8th June 2023, 11:36 AM

5/10 and only one miseducated guess.

Cool Mr M 😎

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th June 2023, 9:43 AM

No 257
I think I've slipped into a parallel universe..................bad again! 😳 Yet Niki and I used to be on the same wavelength.
5/10 and 1/5

Quote: Niki Walton @ 9th June 2023, 2:37 PM

Sorry JJ I missed your post! I

😥

A Blackadder quiz, to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the show, from Rhianna Evans. Enjoyed that, and did reasonably well, with 7/10 and 4/5. A few very tricky ones, even though I've seen most of the episodes numerous times over the years! (Coincidentally I rewatched the episode of Blackadder Goes Forth that question 5 was about, so that quote was fresh in my mind).

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 11, 13, 14, 15.

6/10 & 2/5 for me. Still haven't seen any of the specials and I've only seen bits of Goes Forth which for some reason I found smugly irritating and haven't watched in its entirety although I keep meaning to, given its reputation.

4/10. Although the only one I was sure of was # 2.

I refuse to put myself through this.

Good morning everybody.

I scored a measily 3 out 10 today, however I'm a Blackadder fan - honestly.

I correctly answered Q1, Q2, Q8.
I incorrectly answered Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q9, Q10.

I am disapointed with my score, but that can only mean one thing - its time for a Blackadder rewatch.