British Comedy Quiz Page 41

I knew numbers 1, 2 & 3. Guessed number 4 correctly based on the title of the show. I thought this is all going swimmingly well.

Then it started going downhill...

5/10 but honestly, only number two and the rest were guesses, even the Jennifer Saunders one, so it doesn't mean much.

6/10 & 0/5. I've been doing well on the bonus five but it's nice to see an appropriately hard set of them for once, the way it should be. And it's been a while since the last single subject 15, has Mark put his foot down or is there a load of them just waiting for fitting dates? I have one in all ready for the autumn/late summer and should have a general one ready to submit soon. Keep quizzing.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th May 2023, 7:57 AM

6/10 & 0/5. ........................... or is there a load of them just waiting for fitting dates? I have one in all ready for the autumn/late summer and should have a general one ready to submit soon. Keep quizzing.

I have a second Hancock next week, then Peter Sellers in July, I think a Python one in August and Leonard Rossiter next year marking the 40th year since his death, unless Mark changes the order for some reason.

Apart from those specials, I still have some 30 odd quizzes on the database to be used + plus another 2 pending, which Mark doesn't want yet as that would take my tally into 2025 😆

I think A Plate might be still be struggling with your Hancock quiz because he's usually posted in his score by now. I scored an unexpected 5/10 & 3/5 which I'm pleased with, as I've only seen the classic eps and not for a long time. (btw no Radio Ham Q!) or was there one hidden in there without mentioning it? I love that signature hands on hips pose of his in the still of The Blood Donor, definitely a unique and very British talent.

Following a poor couple of weeks, a rare 10/10 for me this week on the Tony Hancock special. It's an age thing!

6/10 and 0/5 for me, lots of complete guesses which went nowhere. It's a long time since I saw any Tony Hancock works. But a good and interesting quiz, thanks Herc 👍

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2023, 8:08 AM

I think A Plate might be still be struggling with your Hancock quiz because he's usually posted in his score by now. I scored an unexpected 5/10 & 3/5 which I'm pleased with, as I've only seen the classic eps and not for a long time. (btw no Radio Ham Q!) or was there one hidden in there without mentioning it? I love that signature hands on hips pose of his in the still of The Blood Donor, definitely a unique and very British talent.

Still no A Plate - I hope he is OK. Like you say, he's usually the first, before the rest of us have got out of bed.

Yes, I do have a third Hancock I've worked on, which will include The Radio Ham, so sorry for that this time; but I don't think Mark will use it until next year - not sure at present.

However, there were two Radio Ham questions in my first Hancock quiz last July, and in case you missed them and are pining, here they are :-

8/. In "The Radio Ham" when Hancock got through to Yoki in Japan on his short wave radio, what did he say the weather was like in Tokyo?
Raining
Cloudy
Sunny
Not raining
Windy

10/. In "The Radio Ham", when Hancock concludes the chess game with his contact in Belgrade, for the bottle of Slivovitz he'd sent him, what did Hancock say he'd sent to him as a reciprocal drink gift?
Bottle of Scotch
Flagon of scrumpy
Bottle of London Gin
Crate of stout
Bottle of Sanatogen

The answer to Question 10 what The Lad is sending him never fails to make me laugh 😆

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2023, 8:25 AM

Following a poor couple of weeks, a rare 10/10 for me this week on the Tony Hancock special. It's an age thing!

Well done! And yes, tell me about the age thing - I'm feeling it badly today. 😥 Went to the dentist this morning, and the news is not good.

Quote: Niki Walton @ 10th May 2023, 10:51 AM

6/10 and 0/5 for me, lots of complete guesses which went nowhere. It's a long time since I saw any Tony Hancock works. But a good and interesting quiz, thanks Herc 👍

Thank you Niki, much appreciated. 🙂

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th May 2023, 4:11 PM

Went to the dentist this morning, and the news is not good.

That's strange. I've just got back from the dentist (and a large filling). Our teeth seem to run (or rot) in parallel - we both had an extraction at the same time back in early January as I recall.

Hello everyone, I scored 7 out of 10 today.

Well done my mate Herc excellent quiz, when is the Peter Sellers quiz?

I correctly answered Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q7, Q8, Q9.
I incorrectly answered Q5, Q6, Q10.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2023, 8:08 AM

I think A Plate might be still be struggling with your Hancock quiz because he's usually posted in his score by now. I scored an unexpected 5/10 & 3/5 which I'm pleased with, as I've only seen the classic eps and not for a long time.

Still no A Plate - I hope he is OK. Like you say, he's usually the first, before the rest of us have got out of bed.

Haha, I did the quiz at the usual sort of time, but did so bloody badly that I was going to stay quiet about it! 😀 Like a few others it seems, it's been a long time since I watched Hancock, and then it was the classic eps. So, I only knew one of them, and then there were a lot of guesses which mostly didn't pay off. Congrats to Billy Bunter though!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th May 2023, 5:51 PM

That's strange. I've just got back from the dentist (and a large filling). Our teeth seem to run (or rot) in parallel - we both had an extraction at the same time back in early January as I recall.

I can hear The Twilight Zone theme................

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 10th May 2023, 7:59 PM

Hello everyone, I scored 7 out of 10 today.

Well done my mate Herc excellent quiz, when is the Peter Sellers quiz?

And well done you!

Peter Sellers quiz is set for 26th July - the nearest Wed. to the date of his death (24th)

Quote: a plate @ 10th May 2023, 8:35 PM

Haha, I did the quiz at the usual sort of time, but did so bloody badly that I was going to stay quiet about it! 😀 Like a few others it seems, it's been a long time since I watched Hancock, and then it was the classic eps. So, I only knew one of them, and then there were a lot of guesses which mostly didn't pay off. Congrats to Billy Bunter though!

As Billy said, it's an age thing. 😁

S
However, there were two Radio Ham questions in my first Hancock quiz last July, and in case you missed them and are pining, here they are :-
8/. In "The Radio Ham" when Hancock got through to Yoki in Japan on his short wave radio, what did he say the weather was like in Tokyo?
Raining
Cloudy
Sunny
Not raining
Windy

10/. In "The Radio Ham", when Hancock concludes the chess game with his contact in Belgrade, for the bottle of Slivovitz he'd sent him, what did Hancock say he'd sent to him as a reciprocal drink gift?
Bottle of Scotch
Flagon of scrumpy
Bottle of London Gin
Crate of stout
Bottle of Sanatogen

The answer to Question 10 what The Lad is sending him never fails to make me laugh 😆

Ah yes must have missed or forgotten about, I'll look it up and do it. In meantime I'll guess Q8 is Not Raining and I'm pretty sure I remember 10 is the as you rightly say funny Bottle of Sanatogen. (I wonder if they still make that stuff).

You've got 8 right, but not 10! (I think, even funnier) Let me know how you get on........................And Enjoy!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/quiz/210/

Didn't do as well on that one got 5. Oh yes Crate of Stout that is funnier but I pedantically discounted it as I thought sending a heavy crate of stout to Belgrade in 1958ish would be way too expensive for a man of fairly modest means (as his character was). But poetic licence and all that I suppose. Definitely funny.

Liked the Dick Emery clip as well, a similarly difficult man to work with by all accounts and woefully underappreciated. Two great craftsman of comedy. As were their fabulous writers G&S with their gift for great punchlines and self aggrandising soliloquies. Sadly obvious to everyone but AH, his quality of work greatly diminished when they were dispensed of.