British Comedy Quiz Page 36

I can't see any reason we'd turn down a Sellers quiz outright!

Quote: Aaron @ 18th March 2023, 6:42 PM

Thats sounds very promising 👍.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th March 2023, 6:42 PM

Apologies if I am breaking any form of confidentiality here (it's only one line from a personal email), but months of frustration over trying to get a Peter Seller quiz accepted, warrants, I think, this response...........

And I quote from the other half of "Der Management", in a reply to my email of August last year! :-
"I think Peter Sellers may not be universally well known enough to be a themed quiz I'm afraid"

I rest my case, on this desk I'm sitting in front of, with my PC on, and as it happens I have just this afternoon taken it up with Mark again, mentioning the ground swell of people wanting a quiz on Peter Sellers, for which I am only too happy to oblige and have half of done already.

Keep your pecker up Herc,

We want a Sellers quiz, we want a Sellers quiz!

Just a thought, there has been a Spike Milligan quiz on the BCG, so why not a Peter Sellers quiz?

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 21st March 2023, 2:11 PM

Just a thought, there has been a Spike Milligan quiz on the BCG, so why not a Peter Sellers quiz?

Well remembered, but I don't think I was into the BCG quizzes then - can you remember what No. it was? I can't seem to find anyway of searching for it.

Ta! 🙂

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st March 2023, 3:27 PM

Well remembered, but I don't think I was into the BCG quizzes then - can you remember what No. it was? I can't seem to find anyway of searching for it.

Ta! 🙂

I've had a look, and it would seem that quiz number two contains a photo of Spike Milligan as its screenshot on the British comedy quiz list on here.

At the weekend, I asked my family [in particular the younger members] what they knew of Peter Sellers, my 37 year old cousin named many of Sellers films from throughout his career as well as most of his Goon Show characters, he was suprised the Sellers quiz had been brushed aside by the powers at be because of a feared lack of Sellers knowlege by possibly younger people.

Quiz 246 by Hercules is up! I got 6/10 and 3/5, which is decent ("more than half - good job!")

1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 11, 12, 15.

A bit of everything there - a few were right up my street, a few I had no idea.

5/10. Good for me. And for the first time, I wasn't guessing for every single one.

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 19th March 2023, 8:56 AM

Keep your pecker up Herc,

Never heard it called that before.

Just # 3, 5, 7 & 8 correct this week. The rest are too recent for me.

7/10;4/5(!)
Found the extras relatively easy - apart from "Spook Spook", which/who I'd never heard of.

7/10 and 4/5 for me this week. Quite an eclectic mix Herc, just what I come here for!

Managed to get 1-2, 4, 6-8, 10-13 & 15 correct, a mix of answers I knew easily and complete guesses.

Hello everybody!

I scored 5 out of 10, most were guesses, good quiz Herc, a nice mix of questions.

I correctly answered Q1, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7,
I incorrectly answered Q2, Q3, Q8, Q9, Q10

Quote: Niki Walton @ 22nd March 2023, 10:50 AM

. Quite an eclectic mix Herc, just what I come here for!

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 22nd March 2023, 12:24 PM

I scored 5 out of 10, most were guesses, good quiz Herc, a nice mix of questions.

Thank you! And everyone else - I do try and make mine cover a large area/time, and make most of the answers seem plausible, if you don't know them for sure. Red herrings and all that. 😁

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd March 2023, 9:04 AM

Found the extras relatively easy - apart from "Spook Spook", which/who I'd never heard of.

Yes, the extra 5 are supposed to be a selection of hard ones, but most times it is out of my hands, as Mark moves them about, and............

Spook Spook Slither Man (sometimes one Spook) is somebody who was convinced he was going to be the next really big thing in comedy, and tried his hardest with his "you'll all be doing this tomorrow", when in actual fact nobody did (apart from school kids), so he took to drink and in one boozy night when he was performing at a club, he couldn't get the better of some heckler, so got his junk out (he was well endowed apparently) and said something along the lines of "Yeah, but I bet you haven't got a cock as big as this"

Needless to say, that finished his career, not that it ever got started.

Note the pole vaulter joke, which is as ancient as the hills - his whole act was just corny.

can't get the video to work on here, so here's the complete link :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxWHy4f9W30&t=66s

You sure know how to plug an act. Who could resist after that?
Yup, pole vaulter is old, as is the schizophrenic gag. That was so irritating, I couldn't even finish. Still, I'm doing my first live open mic in months tomorrow, so thanks for making me feel more confident.
When I was in my final year of junior school I had a '''friend''' who loved Spook. But he was a tool. I remember he won a poetry prize on the theme of war and no one could believe this dildo had suddenly written something so strong. Turned out he hadn't. His favourite band Iron Maiden had.