This Time With Alan Partridge Page 12

This Time With Alan Partridge. Image shows from L to R: Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan), Jennie Gresham (Susannah Fielding). Copyright: Baby Cow Productions.

This Time With Alan Partridge

Alan Partridge returns to BBC television as co-host of an evening weekday magazine show

TheBlueNun

• Saturday 13th April 2019, 9:54pm
  • London, United Kingdom
  • 2,541 posts

Now the series is over and I've made the effort to read all of the posts on this thread I'm still feeling a bit miffed about the whole thing. I just wished it had been funnier. Yes, I agree that the character of Partridge had to move on from his IAP days and as a fan and a total nerd, I really appreciated many of the references to earlier situations or characters (Pete Gabbitas was a personal fave.)

It just could have been so much better. I echo the sentiments concerning that Partridge has been middle aged for the last 30 or so years.

jsg

• Thursday 9th May 2019, 7:57am
  • United Kingdom
  • 424 posts

Someone's uploaded five minutes of the non-TX pilot, which is a DVD extra, to YouTube.

It's interesting to note how many jokes are changed between both versions of the first episode. Often an unaired pilot is the (exact) same script with a lower budget so I think this is really cool

jsg

• Tuesday 4th August 2020, 1:27pm
  • United Kingdom
  • 424 posts

Noticed watching This Morning With Richard Not Judy that the title sequence changed slightly as the series went on like with this, so it could've been an influence here.

And the jokes they did about advertising on the BBC might explain the Monty Don thing.