This Time With Alan Partridge Page 17

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 26th May 2021, 1:11 PM

Is anybody else planning to go and see Alan Partridge live next year? I am, annoying that so many of the dates are up North.

What?! When? Where?

Presumably he's worried about being either mugged or not appreciated.

It's OK - I've looked now.

I think that's great he's doing a mostly northern tour - makes a lot of sense.

His 2008 tour got bad reviews followed by lukewarm ones, but I'm not gonna clog the thread up with links, and no one forces you to go.
If you leave the Bible on a radiator, do you get Luke warm?
A tad pricey. Gig prices have just gone through the roof - I saw Jack Dee on the crest of his first Channel 4 series and it was 3 quid fifty. Nowadays...

Alan Partidge says he wants to write a new catchphrase, but it's such a-haaaaaaaaaaaaard thing to do.

The show still refuses to coalesce but far more funny moments than last week's poor episode. The troll interview was one of the better interviews, and there were a few great one liners (and hard to disagree with Alan on Bruce Springsteen).

Quote: chipolata @ 28th May 2021, 10:19 PM

The show still refuses to coalesce.

That's very well put. There's nothing wrong with any of the bits, and some are very good, but it doesn't hang together.

The last episode was easily the best this series

It was the closest they've come to a sort of KMKYWAP episode , with the live protest especially

Defy the redacter!

The troll bit was very funny too - coogan was great

Alan's little curtsey was genius. As was him being backed into a corner by a robot dog.

I think the only time I actually laughed was when that bloke was on zoom without any trousers.

I turned over for a real laugh....

Quote: Chappers @ 4th June 2021, 10:18 PM

I think the only time I actually laughed was when that bloke was on zoom without any trousers.

Pretty much the same here.
Thin pickings apart from that.

Weirdly, that bit for me was the weakest segment. It has been a patchy series but I felt the final episode gelled quite well, culminating in Alan's Network style rant (which I'm guessing were actually Coogan's views), which actually felt organic to the rest of the episode. Lots of great little moments, including Alan summarising the royal interview and highlighting just how bland and content-free they always are.

Overall the show has been an interesting failure that did frustrate but could at times be very funny.

Ain't really seen enough to comment. Just the first two eps and they didn't make much inpact. I was looking forward to Cheeky Monkey but yeah, the playback was a cheap shot and the attack should've been funnier. I'll end up watching it all sooner or later but honestly, after the reception I'm not in a hurry.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th June 2021, 12:48 PM

Pretty much the same here.
Thin pickings apart from that.

Victoria Beckham selling her snot. Slim pickings.
I've heard episode three is the best...?

Watched, or rather tried to watch, the new live show Stratagem. Honestly, even free on Prime I felt ripped off. Really, really bad. I always felt Partridge was the weakest character in a live setting, Paul and Pauline Calf are much funnier.