London Comedy Writers Page 2

We are back this coming Tuesday (20/11/07) where we will have a reading from another script, feedback and lots of drinks in the bar at the end.
All are welcome to this free event.
Details at www.londoncomedywriters.com

For the final script of 2007 we will be reading "I Have Never" a sitcom by writing duo Mike and Jenny. The meeting includes interesting news and upcoming competitions, a reading of the featured script, a feedback free for all and after all that a chance to sit in the pub and complain about the state of British Comedy. All are welcome to this this free event.

Date: 3/12/2007
Time: 7pm-9.30pm and networking and drinks beyond
Where: Upstairs at The Old Kings Head
Further details: www.londoncomedywriters.com

Let the London Comedy Writers help you kick off your new years resolution to get writing with a a new 30 minute script read by our talented actors. All are welcome to this workshop where we read and critique a member's script, it is a chance to talk about writing have a drink and a good laugh.
When: 8th January 2008 - 7pm
Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
Admission: Free Get there before 7pm to take advantage of the pub's 'happy hours'.
Please see website http://www.londoncomedywriters.com

Quote: Graham Trelfer @ January 3, 2008, 4:00 PM

Let the London Comedy Writers help you kick off your new years resolution to get writing with a a new 30 minute script read by our talented actors. All are welcome to this workshop where we read and critique a member's script, it is a chance to talk about writing have a drink and a good laugh.
When: 8th January 2008 - 7pm
Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
Admission: Free Get there before 7pm to take advantage of the pub's 'happy hours'.

Is it like a "must come every week" thing? Do you get hundreds of people?

I have already resolved to go to this as a kind of new year's resolution type thing. Never been before, so I'll report back. Naturally, any BSG companions will be welcome (as long as you aren't one of the ones who irritate me more than I do myself).

Hi,

The meeting runs fortnightlyish (sometimes we cannot book the room due to football) there is no requirement to come to every meeting, although since our list of scripts to be read has grown you cannot just get on the list and then not turn up until your reading. Since it is free, you pay by giving others feedback, but it is not required that you make every meeting, we all lead busy lives after all.

As for numbers, this is a hard one to judge, as we have unexplainable peaks and dips. But in the past 4 months we have had on average around 25+ - there is probably a limit at which point we can not fit any more in, but in that case it will be first in (pays to get there on time to get a good seat.)

16th October 2007. Have you all got time machines, or am I in a coma?
If you mean Elsie's Fred, he doesn't come, he arrives.

latest meeting is 8th of Jan.

Quote: Jerf Roberwitz @ January 5, 2008, 1:35 PM

16th October 2007. Have you all got time machines, or am I in a coma?

*Don't go into the light, Jerf*

Is it for comedy writers in London or people who write London comedies?

Quote: Stylo @ January 5, 2008, 9:16 PM

*Don't go into the light, Jerf*

No, DO go into the light. :O :D

Quote: SlagA @ January 8, 2008, 7:03 PM

No, DO go into the light. :O :D

Laughing out loud

The London Comedy Writers Strike... Back.

Our next meeting is Tuesday 22nd January where we will read another sitcom and enjoy a piece of stand up comedy.

As always get there before 7pm for the pubs happy hours and to get a good seat.

Admission: Free

Another meeting for the London Comedy Writers.

Three writers, Three scripts, Free entry.

All are welcome to this writer's workshop where we read and critique a member's script, it is a chance to talk about writing have a drink and a good laugh.

When: 12th February 2008 - 7pm

Please see website for more details. www.londoncomedywriters.com

And this week it's my magnum opus, the funniest script since Philadelphia; you'll laugh, you'll cry, marvel at what could be a lost Shakespearean play if Shakespeare had a severe head injury, and never learnt to write plays.