London Comedy Writers Page 5

The London Comedy Writers returns for another full evening of comedy writers and critics. Entry is free making it not just a fun night, but a cheap one too.

Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
When: April 21st - 7pm
Entry: Free.
See website www.londoncomedywriters.com for more details.

I'll probably go next week (16 June). Anyone else here going?

I might go. Not sure yet.

I don't think I will then either.

The ever popular London Comedy Writers return this week with another sitcom reading and a sketch with plenty of time to hit the bar in-between.

Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
When: September 1st - 7pm

As soon as I move back to London, I think I'm going to check this out. Do you have to submit something to come along?

No. Just turn up on the night. They'll have a few scripts read to comment on.

The London Comedy Writers meetings are back with an all new sit-com and a couple of sketches for your critiquing pleasure. Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: October 13th - 7pm

The London Comedy Writers meet again. This weeks line up includes...

'Manners' and 'Mr Arcey' by Jennifer Ellison
Houston We Have a Problem By Martin Price
Episode 7: Freaks By Alex Howley

Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: March 9th - 7pm

You might also be interested in...

ComComedy's Spring Party.

March's line up includes...Beta Males Picnic, Daniel Simonsen, Don't Tell Jimmy, Frost N' Ireland, Kieran Boyd, Frasier Millward.With Mc Dave Bibby.
Where: Queen of Hoxton, 1-5 Curtain Road London EC2A 3JX
When: 10th March 2010 - 7pm for 8pm start
Entry: £4 http://www.londoncomedywriters.com/opportunities/01060_ComComedy_Live.html htt://www.comcomedy.com

Well worth getting to if you can.

The London Comedy Writers meet again for Sketchageddon, a meeting full of sketches for critiquing pleasure.

Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: 13th April - 7pm
See website www.londoncomedywriters.com for more details. e-mail londoncomedywriters@gmail.com for a chance to get your sketch read.

You might also be interested in...

ComComedy's Hat Party.

The Hat Party boasts a huge line up of improv, sketch, standup, character and musical comedy featuring Abandoman, Jollie, Two Episodes of Mash, Mark Cooper-Jones, Jay Foreman, Alex Maple and Frost N Ireland with MC Kieran Boyd. Find a hat, make a hat, steal a hat, buy a hat, borrow a hat, eat your hat - it's a hat party!

Where: Queen of Hoxton, 1-5 Curtain Road London EC2A 3JX
When: 14th April 2010 - 7pm for 8pm start
Entry: £4 http://www.londoncomedywriters.com/opportunities/01060_ComComedy_Live.html htt://www.comcomedy.com

Hope this doesn't count as thread-hijacking, but does anyone know if anything similar is ever held in Manchester?

How about Manchester Comedy Writers?

Quote: Chappers @ March 31 2010, 10:24 PM BST

How about Manchester Comedy Writers?

Oh...you're right... :$

Not very helpful, but there is a group in France started by an ex-pat who loved the meetings so much he started his own.

Anyway sounds cheesy, but there wasn't a "London Comedy Writers" until someone started it. Of course back then it had the slightly less catchy name "East London Comedy Script Writers" and had about 5 members, with one occasion where only open person turned up.

If you want such a group, set up one up. there is no secret, it just gives writers an opportunity to talk to other writers.