London Comedy Writers Page 4

Thanks Soots. Are the drinks on the house or will I have to remortgage my house in order to buy rounds?

Quite reasonable for central Londonish, and a bit of a bargain before 7pm.

Cool. I look forward to putting faces to posts. Figuratively speaking of course. I come in peace.

Quote: oldcowgrazing @ June 26 2008, 5:31 PM BST

Cool. I look forward to putting faces to posts. Figuratively speaking of course. I come in peace.

Tum tee dum..

In my ongoing attempt to break the record for the longest thread with the most repeat posts I present...

The London Comedy Writers Meeting. The place where scripts get read, get feedback and get drunk. Thinking that doesn't make sense? Don't worry, just move along.

Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
When: 15th July 2008, 7pm
Cost: Free

[quote name="Graham Trelfer" post="202935" date="July 11 2008, 6:06 AM BST"]In my ongoing attempt to break the record for the longest thread with the most repeat posts I present...

The London Comedy Writers Meeting. The place where scripts get read, get feedback and get drunk. Thinking that doesn't make sense? Don't worry, just move along.

Hmm, you seem to be right, that does make no sense. But ignore that, I assure you that 19% of everything else I say onion.

The London Comedy Writers return with another script tossed to the wolves. come along to hear the reading, stay for the no holds barred feedback and leave when punches fly.

Where: Upstairs at the The Old Kings Head, Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
When: July 29th - 7pm
Entry: Free.
See website www.londoncomedywriters.com for more details.

Peace out.

The London Comedy Writers meetings are back with an all new sit-com for your critiquing pleasure. Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: September 9th - 7pm

The London Comedy Writers meetings are back with an all new sit-com and a couple of sketches for your critiquing pleasure. Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: October 7th - 7pm

The London Comedy Writers meetings are back with an all new selection of sketches for your critiquing pleasure. Come for the comedy, stay for the post reading drinking.

When: November 11th - 7pm

(We meet again just one week later on November 18th)

I have just moved to London and after a rough year having hoping to get involved in the comedy circuit/community, am I brave enough to turn up?

Quote: Bluefunk @ November 11 2008, 6:24 PM GMT

am I brave enough to turn up?

Maybe, I wouldn't like to be held to a definite opinion at this early stage though.

I think I can give a definite maybe on this.

The London Comedy Writers return and this week is SKETCH-AGEDDON. Wall to wall sketches from as many writers as we can cram into two hours. So if you have sketch e-mail it to me at londoncomeywriters@gmail.com to have guaranteed place on the list. Please make sure if you do have sketch that you bring enough copies for the actors and please keep them under 5 pages. Extracts are also allowed.

When: February 10th - 7pm

Quote: Thomas McCleod Irvine @ November 11 2008, 6:51 PM GMT

I think I can give a definite maybe on this.

If you're into comedy it's a definite goer. You'll make contacts hear "some" great comedy and maybe get your stuff inspected.

The London Comedy Writers return and this week with the first act of a play by Jack Milner (and co-writer Mark Stevenson). There will also be a couple of sketches and plenty of time to hit the bar.

When: March 3rd - 7pm