London Comedy Writers

3: LONDON COMEDY WRITERS - NEXT MEETING 16/10/07 - LONDON SE1 http://www.londoncomedywriters.com
The London Comedy Writers have running for past six years. In each
fortnightly meeting we read and critique a member's script. All are
welcome to this workshop where you can talk about writing have a drink
and a good laugh. When: 16th October 2007 - 7pm Where: The Old Kings
Head Kings Head Yard, 45-49, Borough High St, London, SE1 1NA
Admission: Free Get there before 7pm to take advantage of the pub's
'happy hours'. Please see website for more details.

-----------------------------------------------------

This sounds good, if you live in/near London.

Stylo

Quote: Stylo @ October 10, 2007, 11:05 AM

Get there before 7pm to take advantage of the pub's
'happy hours'.

Watching people read through scripts at this meeting is probably quite comical.

Probably not related at all, but I once did Marc Blake's Comedy Writing course and went to the pub with some of the students afterwards. I asked a group that were friends what they were hoping to write in the future and they just looked at me and said, "Write? we're not hoping to write, its just something to do on a Monday." Before ordering their pints.

I often wonder what they are doing now, probably using Ronseal but only to wash their clothes with.

I haven't been in a while, but this lot are a good crowd. I'll be there on Tuesday. Anyone else in?

Quote: ContainsNuts @ October 10, 2007, 2:48 PM

Probably not related at all, but I once did Marc Blake's Comedy Writing course and went to the pub with some of the students afterwards. I asked a group that were friends what they were hoping to write in the future and they just looked at me and said, "Write? we're not hoping to write, its just something to do on a Monday." Before ordering their pints.

I often wonder what they are doing now, probably using Ronseal but only to wash their clothes with.

Probably writing BBC sitcoms.

I'm gonna pop along and see what goes down, who else is up for it?

I went past that pub once and didn't hear anyone laughing. Angry

;)

Might have been quiz night, they take the life and times of right said fred very seriously indeed.
(I came 2nd)

When did Fred come?

Discussing sketches and reading them and critiqueing them in front of the author and drinking beer sounds like a recipe for a punch up to me.

:P

I'm bringing a sock full of snooker balls I will not get caught out like last time.

Got invited but can't make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me nan always keeps a brick in her handbag. Want me to give her a ring? She's not a writer but
that's never interfered with her ASBO collection.
Football matches are a nightmare for her, being Jewish, and she's lobbying her MP to get them moved from the saturdays.
Me nan is very good with a week old bagel as well.

Thanks for listing the group London Comedy Writers, the last meeting was a slight diversion from what we usually do. But this coming Tuesday (30th October) we will return to our sitcom roots with the script "Desperate".

All are welcome. Please visit our website for more details. www.londoncomedywriters.com

Thanks.

Yeah, at the last meeting the pub absoloutely INSISTED that all the blood was cleaned up and some of the chairs repaired (those that weren't smashed to pieces..)

So the gang all clubbed together (on the landlords head..) and it's alright now, as Paul Rodgers reliably informs me.

All jokes appart (were they jokes, did I laugh?) I may come to this as I exist in London.

Thanks Graham for posting!