Shooting Stars Page 38

Quote: shaggy292 @ August 25 2011, 8:47 AM BST

Angelos trying to say 'dictionary' is my comedy moment of the year so far.

I went to see Angelos on his last tour and it was hilarious. He did the "dictionary" gag and his "fox-tail" variety act. I had real concerns that his act wouldn't work on the big stage but it really was a great show.

My only problem with this series is that we don't get to see what's in his bag each week.

However, the Barnsley (I think) Bus conductor had me in stitches.

Crying with laughter - except that fake bloke whoever he is.

I'm laughing, I never laugh.

Lisa Snowdon's a game girl.

And Vic having a shit, genius!

Quote: Chappers @ August 29 2011, 10:49 PM BST

Crying with laughter - except that fake bloke whoever he is.

Ulrika?

:D

John Humphrey's Trumpet

Laughing out loud

That was one of the best episodes in years!
Brilliant.

I saw in the credits it was Peter Serafinowicz - or however it's spelt.

Yes - it was the best for ages but it's constantly good anyway.

It certainly is.

Great stuff. And funniest thing on TV this year by a country mile. And I liked Lisa Snowdon's boots too.

She was one of the few women guests (in that chair) who took the jokes properly.

It was definitely SS at its best. Which I still maintain has always been by far the best show/vehicle that Vic & Bob have ever been in.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 29 2011, 11:51 PM BST

It was definitely SS at its best.

Yeah, it's got better since they stopped banging on about Jews.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2011, 11:52 PM BST

Yeah, it's got better since they stopped banging on about Jews.

:)

I'll cross em..

I do still think the show is funny and not a complete disaster/pile of crap but what does kind of annoy me about all the episodes since the comeback in 2008 is the way that it's more noticeable now more than ever how painfully formulaic this show is....especially with the new running gags...

- Jack - with your face like a...
- Now that we're going out with each other....
- Asking Angelos how he is/what he's been up to (which actually looks sooo scripted rather seemingly off-the cuff)
- Making Jack laugh with didgeridoo drain pipes - maybe funny if you're there but not really to viewers at home

It just doesn't feel anywhere near as spontaneous as it used to be. The chats/banter in between rounds seems so slow now and not all that funny or surreal...just gentle and childish really - and very un-Vic & Bob like. They also have started to resort to broad, Little Britian-style gags like Vic's trousers falling or him showing his underpants skidmarks to someone.

I also miss seeing Bob randomly 'skanking' or Vic doing THAT dance to 'Freed from Desire' (but I guess he just can't leap over his desk anymore like he used to). I don't think Vic even says ERANU and UVAVU anymore at the beginning and end of the last round anymore.

Having said that, flashes of their old genius do come through fairly often throughout and that's why the show is still worth watching.