- Panel Show
- 1993 - 2011
- BBC Two, BBC Choice
- 72 (1 pilot + 8 series), plus 3 further specials
- Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer
- Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Ulrika Jonsson, Mark Lamarr, Will Self, Jack Dee, Johnny Vegas, Matt Lucas and more
- Vic Reeves, Bob Mortimer, Charlie Higson and Rhys Thomas
- Mark Mylod, Richard Valentine, Ian Trill, David G. Croft, Ben Wheatley and Dave Walker
- Alan Marke, Lisa Clark, Charlie Higson, Alex Moody, Jon Plowman, Katie Taylor and Ruby Kuraishe
Shooting Stars is probably the oddest quiz show in the history of British television. Nonsensical questions, bizarre games, strange catchphrases and a large amount of thigh-rubbing are the norm... which is perhaps not surprising considering that the hosts are surreal double act Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer.
Each episode is fought out between two sides: Team A and Team B. For the first three series, Team A was captained by Mark Lamarr, who later left and was replaced by Will Self. Team B was always captained by Ulrika Jonsson (aka "Ulrika-ka-ka-ka!") who, in later series, had a permanent panellist in the form of Johnny Vegas. Until 2010, the man with scores was George Dawes (Matt Lucas) - a really big baby who plays the drums and sings.
The comedy was resurrected in 2008 for a Christmas special. This proved successful, and thus a 6th series was created for 2009 with Jack Dee replacing Will Self. Those who prefer the older episodes will be pleased to see the Dove from Above is back. A new regular has also been added - award winning burger van owner Angelos Epithemiou (Dan Skinner), who keeps score.
- Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the celebrity TV quiz - Shooting Stars!
- Camera set-up
- Music by Pete Baikie, Dan McGrath and Josh Phillips.
- First broadcast
- Monday 27th December 1993 at 9:05pm on BBC Two
- Most recent repeats
- BBC Television Centre