Shooting Stars Page 37

James Anderson (the cricketer) is a current England international, very well known in the sport.

Brian Butterfield AND John Humphrys on the show next week!

And they thought it would never happen!

Great series so far, possibly the funniest TV this year so far. Wasn't sure about a phony-guest but he worked quite well. I wonder if Matt Berry was called in at the last minute to replace someone?

Quote: chipolata @ August 23 2011, 12:52 PM BST

Great series so far, possibly the funniest TV this year so far. Wasn't sure about a phony-guest but he worked quite well. I wonder if Matt Berry was called in at the last minute to replace someone?

There's another fake guest coming up, Peter Serafinowicz as Brian Butterfield.

Ohhh, I was wondering who Butterfield was!

Butterfield is one of my least favourite Serafinowicz characters.

That 'mishaps for money' clip is the funniest thing they've done in years - just pure Vic 'n Bob genius. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpWLyo3p_g8

I love Matt Berry (see avatar) but thought his character didn't work.

That bald fecker off EastEnders was grumpy from the second Vic commented on his strange head.

I know some of the guests try to play it straight sometimes but you could see he was seething.

I didn't see the original series in the '90s because I had a life and was too cool, but I can't imagine it was any funnier than the current series.

Inspired and hilarious series.

Are there any other comedy shows on at the moment? I think not.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ August 23 2011, 10:30 PM BST

I love Matt Berry (see avatar) but thought his character didn't work.

I have to agree. It made me slightly uncomfortable watching it. That's quite often the case with Matt Berry, but usually he makes me laugh at the same time.

Angelos trying to say 'dictionary' is my comedy moment of the year so far.

Agreed... that was comedy gold.

I guess you all know who Vangelis is don't you?

Not being patronising.

Quote: Chappers @ August 25 2011, 12:15 PM BST

I guess you all know who Vangelis is don't you?

Not being patronising.

Yes. I am quite old.

I do now!