The Rebel - Series 1 Page 13

This is the best news I've heard all week, beaky. Loved the first series, can't wait for Series 2. Can we have a Christmas Special?

This is great news, well done beaky, Loved series 1, any chance of a DVD release?

Have a heart, Greg! Originally they wanted the final episode to be Christmas themed, then changed their mind.

No mention of DVDs yet, sitcom fan, and to be honest I doubt there will be, unfortunately. The days of DVDs of new series seem to be more or less over.

Great News Beaky, the very best of British to you.

Brilliant news! Congrats! More Doctor McGill (Doon Mackichan) please! :)

Thanks, Will. Dr McGill will return, George, and she's angry!

Well done Beaky on series two. Hope the comedy Gods fill your head to the brim with great ideas.:D

Good Luck.

Quote: beaky @ 30th July 2017, 10:12 PM

Thanks, Will. Dr McGill will return, George, and she's angry!

Now you've got me really excited.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 30th July 2017, 10:35 PM

Now you've got me really excited.

She knows how to deal with reprobates like you!

Laughing out loud:D

Congratulations on this, Beaky! Have you actually written it yet?

Quote: beaky @ 30th July 2017, 7:08 PM

No mention of DVDs yet, sitcom fan, and to be honest I doubt there will be, unfortunately. The days of DVDs of new series seem to be more or less over.

I've struggled to think of many scripted series in the last few years that haven't come out on DVD.

I would expect a combined Series 1 and 2 release is likely to follow, perhaps early next year - depending on TX.

(And it'll be going on my 'to buy' list when it does!)

I'm still in the process of writing - some are only first drafts, two are fourth drafts, other in between. And I hope you're right about the DVDs, Aaron!

As they say, write about what you know. So the old geezer (Simon Callow) meets up with his old pal, Shakleur, who spends his days posting scanned Beano comics on a comedy website and devising fiendishly difficult questions for The Chase, as well as submitting banter jokes for Pointless. Shakleur is effortlessly tech savvy despite being a digital immigrant. Until suddenly PhotoBaguette starts charging big big money for hosting his Beano comics, causing immense gnashing of dentures. So Olaf Debrett, a pacifist and anti-gun activist, explains "You are not the customer, you are the product." After this information sinks in, the two old men set out to sabotage social media by infiltration and subversion. No worries,

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud