Taskmaster Page 13

I really want to captain a narrowboat.

Quote: a plate @ 31st March 2023, 8:19 PM

Well, it was all RIGHT, I suppose... 😐
Some good moments, mainly in the first half, but I found my attention waning towards the end. Hopefully it'll get better.
Come to think of it, I can barely remember anything from the past few series of Taskmaster, whereas I've often rewatched episodes from the first 9 series or so...

😁 Coincidence, because it is only up to Series 9 that I recorded to DVD to watch again at my leisure, but tonight's I thought was better than previous since Series 10.

Quote: Aaron @ 31st March 2023, 8:23 PM

I presume they must have looked at the safety aspect, as none of them were wearing life jackets, as I am one of those people that cannot swim for toffee and would sink like a stone if I fell in water.

A school friend and her husband had a big custom built barge and recently moved into it, it looks like such a great life. Comfortable space to live in and able to sail the canals and other waterways of the country!

Grab Canal Boat Dairies from iPlayer https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m000bks0/canal-boat-diaries

Looks an ideal life if, like me, you're perfectly happy without company :-)

Really enjoying the current series. πŸ˜„

Yeah, I preferred tonight's episode to the first one. Maybe the tasks were better, or I needed to warm to the contestants a bit. Some funny moments from Kiell, and I liked the strange dynamic between Frankie and Ivo in their joint task!
The musical instruments task fell a bit flat, but otherwise, a good episode.

Oh.........well there you go - I thought the musical instruments (especially Jenny Eclair) were OK.

Loved the debate about what was a throw or not after Mae had her ball on a string in the drum section.

Frankie "Well, I've learnt my lesson. All those years I've been casting with my fishing rod, when I should have been throwing the whole f**king thing in the river" πŸ˜†
(It was funnier at the time, and not typing it cold on here)

This just gets better, with a cracking team this time - Frankie Boyle is a pearl, and sooooo funny.

Episode 5 - Old Honkfoot. Laughed out loud when a dejected Ivo limped off, honking as he went. πŸ˜‚

GD was on Sat Kitchen Live (very funny) and he was saying how much stick he gets on social media if some people don't like his decisions, and all I have to say to that is Get a life you morons ffs, it's only a light hearted game played for laughs!

As per this very site, Junior Taskmaster has its hosts - Rose Matafeo being Greg, Mike Wozniak being Alex!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7335/junior-taskmaster-hosts-rose-matafeo-mike-wozniak/

Quote: Feeoree @ 16th May 2023, 12:20 PM

As per this very site, Junior Taskmaster has its hosts - Rose Matafeo being Greg, Mike Wozniak being Alex!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/7335/junior-taskmaster-hosts-rose-matafeo-mike-wozniak/

Ah, good choices. I like Rose Matafeo and Mike Wozniak, it's more likely I'll give it a watch now. I can particularly imagine Wozniak fitting in well in the Alex Horne role.

What do you make of the Series 16 line up?
Julian Clary
Lucy Beaumont
Sam Campbell
Susan Wokoma
Sue Perkins

I love Clary, can't stand Beaumont, Mel did it so I suppose it was inevitable Sue would at some point and I can't say I know the other two.

I'm happy with all of them! I don't know much about Sam, but I already love the rest. Looking forward to Julian's outfits. I like Lucy, and to be honest, it'll be nice to see her on something where the main point of conversation isn't how much she and her husband fake hate each other.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 1st June 2023, 10:08 PM

.............................and I can't say I know the other two.

Ditto. Meanwhile back at the ranch.........................

Bloody Hell, going on about the new series, before the old one is hardly cold in its grave! And no comment on the end.....................Shame on you all!

Really enjoyed the Final, and loved all of them - never been a big fan of Jenny Elair, but thought she was an absolute hoot in this series and had me in stitches with her naΓ―ve comedy.