Taskmaster Page 16

Quote: a plate @ 8th March 2024, 7:59 PM

Recent article where Stephen Merchant expressed an interest in appearing in Taskmaster. Hope that happens one day!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/fyi/486/stephen-merchant-wants-to-do-taskmaster/

Oh yes, he would be great!

I don't know who the ladies are but it seems like a fun line up so far in the new series

I knew Steve Pemberton would be amazing. <3 I love that he's partnered with Nick too, they make a cute team.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 29th March 2024, 2:43 AM

I don't know who the ladies are but it seems like a fun line up so far in the new series

Well, one of them is Sophie Willan who I only know because she wrote and starred in "Alma's Not Normal", which I'm watching the repeats of at the moment.

Just watched the first ep on the digi box and like what I'm seeing

Alex Horne said the other day that the filmed bits of Series 18 have been done, and Series 19 is being prepped too.

I'm hoping for Adam Buxton.

Quote: Tiggy @ 1st April 2024, 11:28 AM

Yes, good choice, but this would be the one for me - I just have to look at his face and start smiling in anticipation.....................

Quote: a plate @ 8th March 2024, 7:59 PM

Recent article where Stephen Merchant expressed an interest in appearing in Taskmaster. Hope that happens one day!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/fyi/486/stephen-merchant-wants-to-do-taskmaster/

Quote: Tiggy @ 1st April 2024, 11:28 AM

He would be amazing!

Quote: zooo @ 1st April 2024, 12:14 PM

He would be amazing!

And Stephen Merchant 🙄

Yes! Series 18 was filming at the house at the start of February. Expecting it to be on air, as usual, from late September...ish.

I thought Nick Mohammed's trick with the eggs to create tension was hilarious, and if Alex wasn't rising to the occasion when Joanne created all that sexual tension, I'd be most surprised. Phwoar, and Bloody Hell!

Yeah, I think Nick and Joanne have had some good moments, and are the most likeable of this series IMO.

I notice Steve Pemberton and John Robins have both been called "smug" by Greg.. They may have clever ways of doing the tasks, but maybe sometimes they forget they need to be entertaining to watch as well...

I fast-forwarded most of that baby task.

Maybe I'm getting a bit of Taskmaster fatigue...

The outtakes were good though! (As posted on the main page).

I think Steve is one of the funniest in the tasks. Asking Alex if he'd had an accident when he stayed silent for the baby task.

Loving this 'team', and am really warming to Nick Mohammed - his Dracula outfit just creases me up, like this week with the horses - so funny.

Not a brilliant episode. Nick Mohammed is still the best of the bunch, but the others are a bit middle of the road, and there doesn't seem much chemistry.

John Robins does the tasks very well, but without charisma or humour - a bit painful him getting near silence from the audience after his photo in motion. I think this series needed at least one person who was a bit more energetic/'wacky' or something, or at least some more entertaining tasks.

I'll keep with it, I suppose, but close to giving up and waiting for the next one. A line-up with some real characters would be more entertaining IMO. Imagine Stephen Merchant and Danny Dyer or something like that!

Quote: a plate @ 26th April 2024, 8:09 PM

I'll keep with it, I suppose, but close to giving up and waiting for the next one. A line-up with some real characters would be more entertaining IMO. Imagine Stephen Merchant and Danny Dyer or something like that!

Well, I'm still enjoying it, and Nick Mohammed just creases me up - the bit with him tying himself up to the camp-bed had me in hysterics. I think (unfortunately) Steve Pemberton is the sour-puss as he always looks disgruntled if he doesn't win the round, probably realising he's not as funny as he thought "on the hoof" so to speak

Stephen Merchant? Yes!

BUT Danny Dyer? NO bloody way - can't stand the twat. Him and that other Londoner Joe whatshisface, who is married to the bird with the huge set of gnashers. I'd love to punch him in the gob.