Lost Gems Page 5

Have Kenny Everett and The Goodies aged well? I'm not sure they have. Great at the time, they now seem dated.

Quote: chipolata @ October 12, 2007, 10:06 AM

Have Kenny Everett and The Goodies aged well? I'm not sure they have. Great at the time, they now seem dated.

Got a bad feeling you're right. We only ever see the same clips on TV (eg. Kitten Kong) and not much else, which suggests the rest of the stuff may not be that funny. If it was, the TV companies would surely be milking them to death far more than they actually are.

I saw goodies re-runs here on UKTV, only last year. They were all gold. A friend of mine has alot of them on tape but lives 10 hours away, but we used to watch them alot not all that long ago. They are grand I tell you.

AS for Kenny, I only have three episodes on tape and bunch memories bundled together in cerebral electric tape.

But honestly... If 'home and away' is being put out on DVD... surely our old naughty bearded clown deserves some pressings.

These probably aren't lost gems in the UK, but they sure are here in Australia!

Fresh Fields
After Henry
Mulberry
Brush Strokes
Shelley

Quote: Cauldron Chick @ October 21, 2007, 12:44 AM

Fresh Fields
After Henry
Mulberry
Brush Strokes
Shelley

Hello Cauldron Chick and welcome.

Mentioning Shelley I used to quite like it. It was a bit strange in that some of it was really funny but it was a strange situation.It reminds me a bit of Not Going Out in that there was lots of funny dialogue but the story lines just seemed a vehicle for the dialogue/monologues. The opposite of a normal sitcom where the situation led to the laughs.

Brush Strokes!

Oh my god.

Quote: Cauldron Chick @ October 21, 2007, 12:44 AM

Fresh Fields
After Henry
Mulberry
Brush Strokes
Shelley

No, no, they're largely lost.

Hello mum was not a sit-com but there was a series, whose name escapes me with some of the same team.
*searches internet*
"Colin's Sandwich" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094439/

Interestingly Hello mum had Clive Mantle but it was Nick Wilton who I remember.

I've just reread this thread and can't find any mention of the ten minute comedy starring Joanne Lumley which I believe was called Up In Town. Written by Hugo "Batman" Blick it was, in my humble opinion, much better than Sensitive Skin. And well overdue a DVD release.

Posh Nosh.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19, 2007, 1:37 PM

I've just reread this thread and can't find any mention of the ten minute comedy starring Joanne Lumley which I believe was called Up In Town. Written by Hugo "Batman" Blick it was, in my humble opinion, much better than Sensitive Skin. And well overdue a DVD release.

It's been out on DVD for a while I think.

Quote: chipolata @ November 19, 2007, 1:37 PM

Up In Town. Written by Hugo "Batman" Blick it was, in my humble opinion, much better than Sensitive Skin. And well overdue a DVD release.

Quote: Nick @ November 22, 2007, 11:21 AM

It's been out on DVD for a while I think.

Indeed it has, been out since 2003. Here you go chipolata:

See Amazon product listing [p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/122159/Up-In-Town/Product.html]

Action was *really* good, as (only once) mentioned right at the beginning of the thread. I did hope that would get a second series (or even second *half* of a series). It was very clever.

As usual, I'll throw in Joking Apart and Is It Legal?. Not under-rated around these here parts but were in general.

Also, Respectable from five last year was quality.

Dan

Glad to know there's another "Action" fan out there. I'd dearly love to see it on DVD but don't hold out much hope of it.

Quote: David Chapman @ October 21, 2007, 12:59 AM

Hello Cauldron Chick and welcome.

Mentioning Shelley I used to quite like it. It was a bit strange in that some of it was really funny but it was a strange situation.It reminds me a bit of Not Going Out in that there was lots of funny dialogue but the story lines just seemed a vehicle for the dialogue/monologues. The opposite of a normal sitcom where the situation led to the laughs.

Shelley is my favourite sitcom of all time. I loved the rambling monologues and the writing was top quality throughout. I am loving the Network DVD releases, gives me a chance to watch brilliance in comedy whenever I want.