Lost Gems Page 8

Less obscure than it was before they announced - and then postponed - the complete DVD release!

does anyone know the name of the tv comedy series set on a sort of cul-de-sac, about a bunch of neighbours with the two agoraphobics (that were afraid to leave the house) that sat on a sofa and looked out of the window (or hole in the wall) it wasnt just featured just on them but all of the weird neighbours? late 90s to early 00's on terrestrial british

James, please keep your question to the one thread. Thanks.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/6020

Has anybody ever seen the shortlived David Lynch sitcom On The Air? Apparently he made it after the huge success of Twin Peaks but it was a bit weird and only lasted a few episodes. Anybody ever see it and what was it like?

I have actually heard about that Lynch sitcom, never got round to watching it though. I remember looking it up not long ago; remember reading the Beeb were the only ones to actually show it in it's entirity, with it's original run being cut short by telly execs in the states.

Probably been said a number of times before but I'd put in a vote for Human Remains. I remember seeing the ads for it years ago but only ever caught it in the corner of my eye, and wrote it off as some dreary drama going by the title.

Saying that, I suppose it is rather dreary at times, lol. Absolutely brilliant performances though, top notch writing too.

I too liked Malcolm and Mrs Merton and thought it would have benefitted from a second series to bed down. I especially liked the episode with Steve Coogan in.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but I always thought World of Pub had a certain charm. Now sadly forgotten.

Quote: chipolata @ May 2 2008, 11:31 AM BST

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but I always thought World of Pub had a certain charm. Now sadly forgotten.

I've always wondered about that one. I'm a big fan of everyone in it but I never saw it when it was on.

I noticed recently that it was out on DVD. Worth a buy then?

I haven't seen it in a while (must buy the DVDs) but I enjoyed Chelmsford 123. Never known it to be repeated and I dont know why.

Chelmsford 123 received UK Gold repeats in the early-/mid-90s, but no, nothing since. Pity, as it's a great show IMO.

Quote: monkeybeard @ May 2 2008, 11:34 AM BST

I've always wondered about that one. I'm a big fan of everyone in it but I never saw it when it was on.

I noticed recently that it was out on DVD. Worth a buy then?

I found it pretty funny but World of Pub is an aquired taste. I'd wait for it to be reduced before splashing out.

I remember a show called The Ritz or Putting On The Ritz. Anyone else remember?

Does anyone remember Kingvig?

Scifi sitcom, no idea if it was funny. But it scared the crap out of me as a kid and was aparently quite cheap.

Quote: Badhead @ May 5 2009, 12:31 AM BST

I remember a show called The Ritz or Putting On The Ritz. Anyone else remember?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/tea_at_the_ritz/

Quote: sootyj @ May 5 2009, 12:35 AM BST

Does anyone remember Kingvig?

Scifi sitcom, no idea if it was funny. But it scared the crap out of me as a kid and was aparently quite cheap.

That's not it. It was made in the 80s and was about a nightclub. Frank Bruno was in an episode.