Lost Gems Page 7

Id give a vote for Humain Remains, which I think has already been mentioned. Utter genius from Rob Brydon and Julia Davis. I think they worked really well together and would love to see them write and star in something else.

As regards the US, bring back the Bundy family ('Married, with Children').

From the UK, I have a soft spot for some of the more surreal moments in 'Chelmsford 123'.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 13, 2008, 10:15 PM

Id give a vote for Humain Remains, which I think has already been mentioned. Utter genius from Rob Brydon and Julia Davis. I think they worked really well together and would love to see them write and star in something else.

I think that they do have plans to work on a new project together pretty soon.

Hi all. I used to love Chelmsford 123. It starred Rory Mcgrath and Jimmy Mulville. I still think the second series is one of the funniest that I have ever seen.

Chelmsford 123 was great. I also prefer the second series, and I cannot understand why they could not go on.
On a similar note - I don't see anyone discussing Haggard. Is this program considered to be so bad?

But my best discovery during the last months, apart from George and Mildred, is Agony. Such a great humour, and in 1979? OK, I've seen only the first four episodes, but they all have been excellent. The witty, non-camp gay couple and that very conservative-looking couple offering sex orgies both have me chuckling incessantly, and Maureen herself is a fantastic.

Agreed about Chelmsford 123, and it's a good reminded of what a good comic actor Jimmy Mulville was before he buggered off to count his money behind the scenes. I can't understand why it's never been released on DVD either.

Oh yes and another - 'Citizen Smith' with the irrepressible revolutionary Wolfie who, these days, appears to have become a dentist...

Quote: Jolanta Zofia Nowak @ January 15, 2008, 11:56 AM

As regards the US, bring back the Bundy family ('Married, with Children').

From the UK, I have a soft spot for some of the more surreal moments in 'Chelmsford 123'.

I'd go along with that. I love the Bundys.

Yes, both excellent shows, Married with Children and Citizen Smith.

I particularly liked the daughter in Married With Children. She was the very definition of jailbait (although like most children in TV shows, she was probably really in her forties).

Christina Applegate. Was indeed about the age of her character, being 16 when the show started in 1987. Now appears in Samantha Who?, and IMO looks even better. :)

I always thought this thread was about a sitcom called 'Lost Gems' and never bothered with it. >_<

Knob.

Although not quite a gem, I have been enjoying KYTV on DVD recently. While nowhere near as good as Radio Active, the legendary radio show that it was based on, it was still pretty funny. Angus Deayton was great in it, as was Geoffrey Perkins. It's a pity he decided to concentrate on comedy behind the scenes.

is Whoops Apocalypse considered to be obscure?

If it is, I nominate it. It's been some time since I laughed so hard.
Deciphering the supposedly Russian speech (sometimes they actually spoke Russian, other times it was a mix of Polish sounding words) only added to the fun.

Two's Company is pretty nice as well. Chuckled all the way through the first couple of episodes.