How Not To Live Your Life - Series 1 Page 11

Quote: chipolata @ August 15 2008, 12:28 PM BST

I'd rather discuss peep shows. The ones I've seen the women look so monumentally bored and the booths smell awful. Still able to knock one out though. :)

Then you'd better head on over to the General Discussion forum.

"Please avoid going off-topic in this forum."

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2008, 11:53 AM BST

Other than it's on British TV and features a man as a main character, I fail to see the similarity?

It attempts the same style of humour. Instead of using the inner voice monologue it uses the "'x' number of things not to do..." device to try and make a similar style of humour. And there's something of the Jeremy about the main character, though not played as subtly.

Interesting... I'll have to see what episode two is like then.

Absolutely. Not trying to rubbish it after one episode, there were some funny moments, so I'm interested in how the series will progress.

I meant more of to see if I can see anything of the Peep Show-ness which you're describing, because I can't think of it in episode 1 at all. I'll be watching the whole series either way. :)

It's just an impression I got of the style of humour it's trying to achieve. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Perhaps it's because Peep Show is my current favourite that I (in my paranoid way) see everything else as pretenders to the throne.

Quote: Tim Walker @ August 15 2008, 12:36 PM BST

It attempts the same style of humour. Instead of using the inner voice monologue it uses the "'x' number of things not to do..." device to try and make a similar style of humour. And there's something of the Jeremy about the main character, though not played as subtly.

Sort of Jeremy without the charm.

I didn't see any Peep Show similarities either.

I did see a Jeremy/Don similarity; completely selfish, just after a shag, cash, etc.

It's a hard character to portray without them becoming tedious or dislikeable.

Jeremy has tooonnnnnns of insecurities and patheticness. I haven't seen any of that from Dan/Don yet.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ August 15 2008, 1:18 PM BST

I did see a Jeremy/Don similarity; completely selfish, just after a shag, cash, etc.

Not that there have ever been any other characters or people like that ever. ;)

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2008, 12:00 PM BST

You're making even less sense than usual. Congratulations.

Easy Aaron, I was just saying its so much of a poor man's Peep Show that its nothing like Peep Show. I agree with you. Errr

Ahhhh, ok. Then you are forgiven. :)

Quote: Aaron @ August 15 2008, 3:20 PM BST

Ahhhh, ok. Then you are forgiven. :)

Cool, the bite marks will go in a few days. ;)

Reminded me of Scrubs in the format - first half good, second average. Will definitely keep watching.