How Not To Live Your Life - Series 1 Page 8

I shall actually enjoy it more knowing you're not watching Chip.

Rolling eyes :)

There was something about it that reminded me a bit about Respectable. I'll watch it again and see if I can work out what it is.

Whistling nnocently

Quote: jdubya @ August 13 2008, 2:37 PM BST

I shall actually enjoy it more knowing you're not watching Chip.

Rolling eyes :)

I'm like a canary, when I stop watching the nation soon follows. Needless to say, it won't get a second series so make the most of it. :P

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2008, 2:19 PM BST

Let her watch comedy without being a big pre-judgemental poo?

These forums would have about three posts on if we cut down the pre-judgemental pooing. ;)

I thought the set up was ridiculous and took a lot of overlooking. Just can't see how his 96 year old grandmother who was mad and couldn't move could get a mortgage in the first place, let alone be able to pass on the debt.

And some of the acting was pretty dire.

That said, I laughed out loud a lot. Guiltily at him threatening the puppy and ashamedly at him weeing on her desk.

Funnier than a lot of stuff I think, certainly at first viewing. I have noticed that Not Going Out looses a lot for me on subsequent watching, although I loved the first series the first time I saw it.

Quote: steve by any other name @ August 13 2008, 4:20 PM BST

Just can't see how his 96 year old grandmother who was mad and couldn't move could get a mortgage in the first place

What makes you think she got it at any point recently? Looked like a bloody big house, so would take an age to pay off.

Yes, the mortgage bit was a tad confusing. Most mortgages are over 25 years. So she would have taken it out as a 71 year old. Also most mortgages are paid off on the death of the holder, usually by compulsary life insurance. If the property still didn't belong fully to the occupier at their death (like maybe the property was re-mortgaged as one of those schemes where the occupier can live in the property until death but gets an allowance) it's unlikely - if not impossible - that it would be inherited by another party. It would revert back to the mortagage company.

But I'm not a financial advisor....just pedantic about details like that.

What the flippin' Jesus? Can you people not just watch something?!

I would hate to be any of you lot, I really would. The inability to watch something is quite depressing.

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2008, 5:50 PM BST

I would hate to be any of you lot, I really would. The inability to watch something is quite depressing.

Well you're not. You're you! For what that's worth.

I'm not sure if that's any better or worse.

I'm not sure how i feel after that. I agree the unlikeableness of the character is an issue with me. I think there is a difference between doing unlikeable things (Jill from Nighty Night) and just having unlikeable characteristics. But I'll be watching next week. Some funny moments indeed.

Jill was both of those!

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2008, 8:40 PM BST

Jill was both of those!

I didn't find her as annoying as Don. She was just quite dark.

Bottom meets Billy Liar, but less funny than either.

Dan Clark can't write or act comedy. Or even f**k by the looks of it.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 14 2008, 1:28 AM BST

Dan Clark can't write or act comedy. Or even f**k by the looks of it.

Seriously, that quote should go on the front of the DVD. :)

How come it's Dan Clark's How Not To Live Your Life and not just How Not To Live Your Life? It's a teensy bit egomaniacal to stick your name in front of the show (even Seefacts wouldn't do that). Also risky if the show goes tits up.