What are you reading right now? Page 180

A heartbreaking work of staggering genius - Dave Eggers,
and
The tell-tale brain - V. S. Ramachandran

Inferno by Dan Brown

It's a bit of a page turner. Or should I say page slider as I'm reading it on my new tablet !

:)

Just finished 'The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox' - a bit harrowing at times. I spotted the twist coming but not the ending.

Just started 'Eloise'. Judy Finnegan should stick to promoting other people's books, but I've started so I'll finish.

Quote: keewik @ June 7 2013, 10:15 PM BST

Just started 'Eloise'. Judy Finnegan should stick to promoting other people's books, but I've started so I'll finish.

Every bugger on the planet seems to be writing a novel at the moment. I blame bloody ebooks. It always reminds me of the time someone told Peter Cook they were writing a novel, 'Me neither' replied Cook.

Quote: Pingl @ June 7 2013, 10:22 PM BST

I blame bloody ebooks. .

which is one of the reasons I believe kindles are an instrument if the Devil. Omitted the capital K deliberately.

Nice to See It, To See It, Nice - Brian Viner (brilliant romp through television in the 70s)
King of the Ants - Charles Higson (gruesome novel from one of the Fast Show stars)

Quote: keewik @ June 7 2013, 10:15 PM BST

Roll on the moment when I finish this. I swear a fifteen-year-old would be embarrassed to admit to writing this. Trite, cliched crap which tells instead of showing. Characters are totally unbelievable. Why did I waste my money on this shite? Well, somebody else's money as it was book tokens.

C'mon Keewik fess up you were hoping for a graphic sex scene with her and Richard Madeley and a bath full of shop lifted wine.

So far no graphic sex scenes, just a lot of self-obsessed heart searching. This is the worst book I've read in years. The publisher should be publicly crucified.

Livingston's Britain - Ken Livingston written in the early nineties, interesting to read Ken when he was truly radical and quite brave.

'Last Dance at the Wrecker's Ball' - Robert Douglas, which promises to be a damn sight better than the 'Eloise' crap.

The Woman in Black - Susan Hill
Deliver Us From Evil - David Yallop

Articles and books on the Italian poet, philosopher, marxist and director Pier Paolo Pasolini. I'm writing a term paper on him.

Quote: keewik @ June 7 2013, 10:33 PM BST

which is one of the reasons I believe kindles are an instrument if the Devil. Omitted the capital K deliberately.

Amazon spells kindle with a lower case 'k'.

Quote: keewik @ June 9 2013, 11:49 PM BST

Why did I waste my money on this shite? Well, somebody else's money as it was book tokens.

See, if you had a kindle, you could gets book for free online and then read them on your wonderful kindle.