What are you reading right now? Page 181

*leaps about snarling*

Treason in Tudor England - Lacey Baldwin Smith

Jeremy Vine's autobiography

RIP Richard Matheson. Great sci-fi and horror writer responsible for writing Duel, The Incredible Shrinking Man and I Am Legend. And although I have a soft spot for all three cinmema versions of I Am Legend none really do justice to the book.

Quote: chipolata @ June 25 2013, 10:41 AM BST

RIP Richard Matheson. Great sci-fi and horror writer responsible for writing Duel, The Incredible Shrinking Man and I Am Legend. And although I have a soft spot for all three cinmema versions of I Am Legend none really do justice to the book.

Duel scared the shit out of me when I first saw it!

Wasn't it supposed to represent the state v the little man ?

How Not To Grow Up by Richard Herring. It's charming, funny reading.

Quote: Ben @ June 25 2013, 9:28 PM BST

How Not To Grow Up by Richard Herring. It's charming, funny reading.

I really like the first half of that book

The rest just seemed like filler to me

The Story of a Fierce Bad Rabbit by Beatrix Potter. Holds up well, more than 100 years after it was first published. As usual, Beatrix Potter is more adept at drawing animals than humans. The "man with a gun" - who plays a key role in the story - looks somewhat like Mr McGregor from Peter Rabbit, insofar as he is bearded and wearing a cap, and we never see his face in close-up.

'Dublin' - Edward Rutherford. I've read his 'New York' and 'London' and I'm a sucker for the history.

Quote: keewik @ June 26 2013, 8:52 PM BST

'Dublin' - Edward Rutherford. I've read his 'New York' and 'London' and I'm a sucker for the history.

Quote: Oldrocker @ June 25 2013, 9:20 PM BST

Duel scared the shit out of me when I first saw it!

Wasn't it supposed to represent the state v the little man ?

Something like that (although I read once the truck was a metaphor for American foreign policy!). Tis a great film, though.

Just started The King's Deception by Steve Berry.

I thought the whole things was set in Tudor times but no.

I may persevere though.

Rab C Nesbitts 'autobiography'

S'ok!

Just finished 'The Lewis Man' - Peter May, and 'Stonemouth' - Ian Banks, both quite gripping.

Reminded me of:

Quote: keewik @ June 12 2013, 3:38 PM BST

*leaps about snarling*

Wonder if I can try that trick. Laughing out loud