What are you reading right now? Page 175

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

Quote: L.E. @ April 30 2013, 11:01 AM BST

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

That's great fun, especially when he talks about how much he loves Phil Collins and Huey Lewis and the News.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2013, 11:03 AM BST

... how much he loves Phil Collins and Huey Lewis and the News.

By far his biggest crime,...

In honour (is that the right phrase?) of Iain Banks sad news I'm starting the whole of "The Culture" series again.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 30 2013, 11:06 AM BST

By far his biggest crime,...

In honour (is that the right phrase?) of Iain Banks sad news I'm starting the whole of "The Culture" series again.

Great books. I wish Hollywood would take a breather from endless Marvel comic films and Star Wars reboots and adapt some.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2013, 11:03 AM BST

That's great fun, especially when he talks about how much he loves Phil Collins and Huey Lewis and the News.

I am enjoying all of it apart from the really gory parts. Bleurgh.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2013, 11:08 AM BST

Great books. I wish Hollywood would take a breather from endless Marvel comic films and Star Wars reboots and adapt some.

They'd bloody slaughter them, that's the problem.
Your yanks like it pretty simple.

Just finished Wonder by R J Palacio.

About a kid with a disfigured face. AMAZINGLY good.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 30 2013, 11:14 AM BST

They'd bloody slaughter them, that's the problem.
Your yanks like it pretty simple.

Nah, get a good director like a Peter Jackson or a Guilermo Del Torro and they'll have a good stab.

Quote: chipolata @ April 30 2013, 11:35 AM BST

Nah, get a good director like a Peter Jackson or a Guilermo Del Torro and they'll have a good stab.

Hmm.

Just saw a trailer for Guilermo's 'Pacific Rim'.
It had this doozy of a line:
"Gentlemen, today the apocalypse is cancelled"
FFS.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 1 2013, 9:24 AM BST

Hmm.

Just saw a trailer for Guilermo's 'Pacific Rim'.
It had this doozy of a line:
"Gentlemen, today the apocalypse is cancelled"
FFS.

It does look...uh...interesting... Huh?

Looks fecking brilliant. A giant robot smashing a big snarly monster with a shipping tanker, I'm well up for it.

Quote: Gavin @ May 1 2013, 9:31 AM BST

Looks fecking brilliant. A giant robot smashing a big snarly monster with a shipping tanker, I'm well up for it.

You're not an American by any chance, are you?

;)

Quote: Gavin @ May 1 2013, 9:31 AM BST

I hope there's a good reason why jets with missiles are out of the question, and people in giant robot costumes punching stuff is the only answer! I know, it's just a big goofy spectacle, I'm sure it will be a lot of dumb fun.

Quote: Lazzard @ May 1 2013, 9:35 AM BST

You're not an American by any chance, are you?

;)

Haha No, I just like going to the cinema to be entertained not preached to by wealthy idiots trying to hamfist obvious messages in.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2013, 9:37 AM BST

I hope there's a good reason why jets with missiles are out of the question, and people in giant robot costumes punching stuff is the only answer! I know, it's just a big goofy spectacle, I'm sure it will be a lot of dumb fun.

Have you seen the size of those things jets aren't gonna do shit. Only a good Robot stomping will do the trick

[quote name="Gavin" post="976051" date="May 1 2013, 9:47 AM BST"]Haha No, I just like going to the cinema to be entertained not preached to by wealthy idiots trying to hamfist obvious messages in.

Correct
:)