What are you reading right now? Page 170

The Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser.
It describes how search engines provide us with personalized search results and therefore trap us in a so called "Ego-Loop".

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ January 10 2013, 1:05 PM GMT

'The Medium Is The Message' by Marshall McLuhan

Much better thant he sequel "the medium is maassage" quite seedy that one.

Both controversial and visionary.

Quote: sootyj @ January 16 2013, 1:28 PM GMT

Much better thant he sequel "the medium is maassage" quite seedy that one.

Unfortunately no dirty contents in that one, despite the promising title. ;)

The Rose and the Yew Tree by Agatha Christie as Mary Westmacott

harder to read than her crime fictions :S Sick Angelic

Just finished 'Citadel' -Kate Mosse, and am depressed because (i) of something that happened at the end, and (ii) I've finished the book.

Spoilerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sorry!!!! But it still needs to be read.

Note: I've now edited the post.

"The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared"
Just finished - very enjoyable comic novel.

Why Bad Things Happen to Good People - Harold Kushner.

Really interesting book.

Just started 'Mavis's Shoe' - Sue Reid Sexton, about the Clydebank Blitz. The older I get, the more I realise how horrifying it must have been to live through the war.

Quote: Lazzard @ January 19 2013, 11:23 AM GMT

"The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared"
Just finished - very enjoyable comic novel.

Totally agree Lazzard.

Last weekend my 13 yr old lad asked if we would by him the Hobbit. We have been trying to get him to read more so, despite not thinking that he would actually read it, me and Mrs Will Cam called in to Waterstones. The Hobbit was 'buy one get one half price'. Mrs Will Cam gave up books when she got her Kindle 18 months ago so, despite having about 4 books in my book queue already at home, I tried to find another book in the offer.

Well f**k me! Could I find a book that I wanted that was in the offer? Could I bollocks. Half an hour later, after checking out and dismissing every single book with the offer sticker on, and dismissing the lot, I panic chose The Hundred-Year-Old-Man because it said it was funny and I liked the colour.

I am 125 pages in and I have to say it is engaging, has fantastic characters and situations and rolls of the eyes. I would highly recommend it. It would make a great movie.

The Heresay of Dr. Dee - Phil Rickman

Roger Moore's autobiography, "My Word Is My Bond" Only read first few chapters so far an amiable read. Nice to know that he had a reasonably happy childhood apart from a few childhood illnesses and some unpleasant experiences with a family who took him in as an evacuee. Daresay it goes a bit pear shaped when he goes on to say about his first two wives, the second being Doroth Squires of course.

Quote: L.E. @ January 19 2013, 4:07 PM GMT

Why Bad Things Happen to Good People - Harold Kushner.

Really interesting book.

Now reading Who Needs God - Harold Kushner.

Doesn't really grab my attention like the last one.

Plus that nun beat you up.