What are you reading right now? Page 167

Ben we agreed you don't publish your diary

and I don't publish our photographs.

What about Godot's video?

Alas I'm still waiting for Godot.

Fibber in the heat - Miles Jupp, really enjoying, but for cricket fans only.

'Inside the Muslim Brotherhood' - Youssef Nada. It's shaping up to be a fascinating and informative read.

Just bought this:

Morecambe and Wise by Graham McCann and Family Britain by David Kynaston, which I can highly recommend if you want a flavour of Britain in the early 50s - a very well researched book.

Hercules, what is your avatar?

Quote: Ben @ December 23 2012, 6:19 PM GMT

A murderer from a child's nightmare. I think.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 23 2012, 6:27 PM GMT

A murderer from a child's nightmare. I think.

Just a child murderer? Lightweight.

Actually, it might be Chipolata. I think it probably is.

Chipolata's hairline is receding much more dangerously.

Nixonland - a book about the elections Nixon contested and his influence on the times he lived in. A strange and complex man, who in hindsight did more good than harm. It has also made me realise what an amazing President LBJ was, I must read more about him.

Quote: Ben @ December 23 2012, 6:19 PM GMT

Ahhh, you deprived children of the 21st century - you need to be an old fart like me to know that it is the Tellygoons version of the fiendish Hercules Grytpype-Thynne from The Goon Show.

He was always plotting some scheme with his dim-witted French sidekick Count Jim Moriarty, which usually involved money BUT NEVER murder!!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ December 23 2012, 4:44 PM GMT

Morecambe and Wise by Graham McCann and Family Britain by David Kynaston, which I can highly recommend if you want a flavour of Britain in the early 50s - a very well researched book.

Kynaston books are good, but a little dry. I believe his plan is to cover everything up to the present eventually. I must say I prefer Dominic Sandbrook's histories, but I did enjoy these