Still Open All Hours - Series 1 Page 2

Roy Clarke strikes again. Yuk.......

Quote: Aaron @ 26th December 2014, 11:31 PM GMT

I thought it was a cracking start to the series. Thoroughly enjoyed it - although agree with the point that Leroy is somewhat underused so far.

I can't say anything different to what Aaron has said except I really enjoyed it and look forward to the next episode.

HGT: you better believe it baby. It's amazing that I'm able to get through life without being seduced every five minutes.

I am also looking forward to tonight's episode. Here's hoping for an exciting story arc such as Granville being held up at knifepoint by Mrs Featherstone until he agrees to a date or Leroy being forced to strip to his tanga briefs by the local health inspector as a consequence of selling out of date monkey nuts.

I truly admire the optimism by many herein about this spinoff sitcom, although my very personal view is that it's only capitalising from a nostalgic audience.

Production stripped away Granvlle's personality and made him an almost exact replica of the beloved Albert Arkwright.

Will being a miser prevent Granville from paying for a DNA test to discover if he's the real father of his son?... C'mon, even these nostalgic spinoffs need to keep up with the times. Maybe they should both go on one of those TV shows where they tell people if they're truly the real parents.

Anyway, I'm just NOT excited about SOAH as I was when it was announced there'd be a Christmas Special... and I blame the writers for this.

This show should've been called something else.

Oh, well.. take care and I wish you all, without exception, a fantastic end of year.

Surprised to see the second episode being shown today. Only two days between E1 and E2.

So, in this episode they brought back the man with the huge dog. Who's next? The motorcyclist with the soundproof helmet?

Ep1: underpants, Ep2: wigs, ergo two things which made me laugh. Not really sure how Clarke will be able sustain my mirth over the next four episodes though.

This is a BBC wind-up, joking aside, I truly think someone in charge at the BBC is mentally ill or playing some kind of joke on how long they can cater for idiots until someone makes a stand.

I've been perplexed in life often about our very own existence and why we are here and its given me dark times, really dark that I couldn't function, spiraling into deep depression but it's nothing compared to the confusion and sense of dread I got from watching this disgrace - I get more sense from the wonders of the universe than watching this...

Yes I'm going to say it because it's a truth to life - anyone who enjoys this are living life at it's top layer, they go through life never saying 'I love you' with a full heart, never finding true connection and meaning, they just circle the top of life until death.

Too much exposition and back referencing for my liking. I was watching with someone who kept laughing. I think I smiled twice.

The wrinkly market is not catered for much at the moment?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 29th December 2014, 5:49 PM GMT

The wrinkly market is not catered for much at the moment?

Well, I'm a wrin.....person of maturity and have never ever watched Last Of The Summer Wine or am overly impressed with the rehash of old Open All Hours scripts.

I appears that anything involving the alleged "national treasure" David Jason is given the green light by the BBC?

I'm struggling with this..........ladders up windows etc. - we've seen it all before...............and much funnier with RB.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th January 2015, 8:10 PM GMT

- we've seen it all before...............

This time the rattling biscuit packet. Every episode two or three old gags.

That was in my "etc" ;)