Still Open All Hours - Series 1 Page 6

Quote: Chappers @ 25th January 2015, 10:00 PM GMT

Paula Wilcox back to looking gorgeous.

As Brigit Forsyth goes the other way - used to fancy her rotten in Likely Lads.
:P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2015, 7:02 AM GMT

I thought that you lot would be lusting after Ms Wilcox; I'll admit that she looks good though. I think Ms Forsyth seems prune-like because of the sour part she plays; the actress still has fantastic bone structure.

I enjoyed the last in the current series though and I'm pretty sure, unless it's been announced already, that there will be a series two.

Wonder if there's going to be another series - It got nearly 8m in the ratings (and peaked over 8m!)

Not too into it myself, it's alright and passes half an hour though.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 26th January 2015, 9:11 AM GMT

I thought that you lot would be lusting after Ms Wilcox; I'll admit that she looks good though. I think Ms Forsyth seems prune-like because of the sour part she plays; the actress still has fantastic bone structure.

I enjoyed the last in the current series though and I'm pretty sure, unless it's been announced already, that there will be a series two.

Who's looking at bones......... :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th January 2015, 7:02 AM GMT

Actually in WHTTLL I always thought she was supposed to be and was quite plain but if she smiled she's really aged well too.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th January 2015, 9:28 AM GMT

More than a hint, I'd say it's aimlessly merged into a unifit Roy Clarke sitcom and long after any inspiration he had was gone. The script is truly dire imo. If you or me sent that in to WR we wouldn't even get a text back.

Couldn't agree more - it's dross!

Anyone else catch the first few episodes of the new series? There's not much else to say really other than I still enjoy it. It's probably the safest comedy on television, but it's quite comforting for half an hour each week.

And how ever does Roy Clarke keep coming up with these hilarious hijinks. Inflatable underpants?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 27th December 2015, 8:39 PM GMT

And how ever does Roy Clarke keep coming up with these **hilarious** hijinks.

** Que?

Just watched the one with the Christmas tree..........that's all I'm going to say really - I watched it.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th December 2015, 8:46 PM GMT

** Que?

Just watched the one with the Christmas tree..........that's all I'm going to say really - I watched it.

The trouble with a forum post is that it's hard to get sarcasm across. Of course Clarke's ideas are stale and not especially funny. But I suppose it comes back to the whole 'safe comedy' thing. I mean look at the old till gag. Every single episode but it still makes me chuckle.

Ah....... ;)

Yes I watched it. it is uncomfortably embarrassing. Such a waste of talent.

I wouldn't say that (although we need far less of Tim Healy. Good actor, annoying character). Despite the quality, seeing David Jason Lynda Baron et al back onscreen is still lovely.

I'm sorry but I really didn't laugh once.