Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 3 Page 13

He's an acquired taste, but happily I acquired that taste a few years ago. I still appreciate that some prefer their comedy more 'carry on' or middle of the road, but Lee at least dares to be different.

Stewart Lee bridges the gap between comedy and art. Poncey middle class twat that he is.

From the little I've seen of this I suspect he's a lot less poncy and twaddly in real life. This is definitely an act he's developed. If he was like that in real life I suspect his wife even his parents would've murdered him with a hammer long ago.

I think the act is okay but yes there is an air about him on stage that suggests I am Mr Stand-up. So a bit too form heavy for me personally, it has a real cliquiness about it that suggests the stand-up club initiated are the ones he's performing for and everyone else can bugger off and die. Like I say, surely he can't be like that in real life?

Man goes on stage and puts on an act. Get on the phone to the red tops, lads, we've got an exclusive!

It is in a way Ben. The press never got that Manning was an act and so many of the public don't make the distinction either. Manning and Lee have much in common, they both have great stage craft and can make insulting funny. Manning was better though. I hope this clears it up for you. Morning.

The music at the end of S2 E5: London (the dog skit) sounds very much like Guano Padano, but I've listened to every song on their 3 LPs and single. Any ideas?

This is back on tonight, in case you didn't know. Here's some shameless marketing of it via an entertaining interview:

http://thequietus.com/articles/19817-stewart-lee-interview

Dan